Help!!! My PC shut down suddenly while I'm watching on YouTube!!

zektro

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
Hello everyone!! Moving directly to the subject, my PC suddenly shutting down while I'm watching or listening something on YouTube!! Which is the cause/issue?!

Solution
I've solved it! :) Well, all I had to do was to replace that 6-pin power connector cable where it was connected in the GPU. Luckly, I had a secondary 6-pin cable.

zektro

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from zektro : "My PC shut down suddenly while watching a video on YouTube!!"

While I'm watching on YouTube (e.g. an review video, JDM cars and others) my PC keeps shutting down!! It could be an hardware issue?! Should I do a clean install?!

zektro

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
Sure. My PC specs are :
CPU : AMD FX-6350 3.90Ghz w/Wraith Cooler

GPU : Gigabyte GTX 750Ti 2GB GDDR5 128bit

Ram : HyperX Beast 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 1600 Mhz CL9 (Can't remember well the voltage of those DDR3 Ram sticks)

MOBO : Gigabyte GA 970 Gaming AM3+

HDD : WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM

PSU : Corsair RM850X 850W 80 Plus Certified Gold

Case : Corsair Carbide 400C Clear

Yep. That's my "potato" custom rig!! XD Even the MOBO can't recognize the CPU... sometimes.

nobiffbetter

Prominent
Aug 29, 2017
Make sure your power supply is putting out adequate voltage, to do this google "how to test a desktop power supply" or "how to test for a bad psu" there are many articals written that show you exactly how to test the psu that you have. Figure out which psu you have, in most cases the wiring is the same, you will wanna power on your pc and packprobe each power connector checking for a good ground, as well as each rail for the correct voltage under load. If say your yellow wire or 12v rail is only putting out 10v while your pc is running then your power supply is failing. A bad power supply can cause lots of weird issues such as shut downs, freezing, glitching, artifacts, and many other issues. If one or more of your components is not getting the proper voltage than this is what happends.

Your power supply is a good one, but sometimes you get a bad unit. I would check this first and go from there. If the psu is good then move to the next component.

If you have extra hardware laying around try it, swap out the video card, the ram, hard drives, etc.

zektro

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
Hmm... to be honest when I changed my older PSU (Inter Tech Energon 650W aka "no name") with that Corsair RM850X, everything went well before.

Should I check the voltage from the wall socket?! Or it has nothing to do with it?

Rasna

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2012

Check your connections from the power supply to the main board and the components ( graphics card, etc) and make sure they are tight.

Even if they look OK push everything in to confirm a good connection.

This worked for me..

Make sure all connections to the main board are tight.

zektro

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
I've solved it! :) Well, all I had to do was to replace that 6-pin power connector cable where it was connected in the GPU. Luckly, I had a secondary 6-pin cable.

Solution