Question HELP - Need a Thunderbolt AMD Motherboard

jr5furacao

Commendable
Jul 18, 2018
I feel so unlucky, because so many decisions I took added up to me being completely out of choice. I chose going AMD for the CPU on my build, and paired it with a USB-C motherboard because someone told me that it could read Thunderbolt---turns out it cannot.

just read this if you are in a rush >>> So I need a TB3 motherboard that works with a Ryzen 2700x, and the only option I have so far is the ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming-ITX/TB3 Mini ITX, which doesn't support my cooler (LeGrand Macho) and probably doesn't have space for my 1070TI. The ASRock X570 Creator is not available in my country not even for importing as far as I checked, and the last option, which is buying a TB compatible motherboard and then buying a PCIe card that provides the Thunderbolt connection feels like an unstable and expensive option.

I'm not desperate so I'm thinking about waiting for a good TB3 MB in order to get more stability and bang for buck, considering I'll be spending more money on the MB itself and not on the PCIe, which is 30% of what I would spend in a MB. Any advice? What do I do?

In case you are wondering, I have a Apollo Twin MKII Duo, an audio interface that is thunderbolt powered, that's why I need it. It's so sad to have such good hardware not working.

My build:
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor
Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT 73.6 CFM CPU Cooler
Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi) ATX AM4 Motherboard
G.Skill Flare X Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Samsung 860 Evo 2 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Asus GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8 GB ROG STRIX Video Card
NZXT H710i ATX Mid Tower Case
Corsair RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Suppply
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-03-28 15:50 EDT-0400

jr5furacao

Commendable
Jul 18, 2018
The Phantom gaming ITX is the only one I'm aware of.
It absolutely does support any GPU on the market.
Probably not going to support the Le Grand since the x16 slot is [inherently] in the first position.
Yeah I checked their cooler compatibility list and the Le Grand Macho didn't show up there. I'm feeling like waiting for a better TB MB to come out, I think even buying a cheaper one and hooking up the TB PCIe is a better option in order to utilize my current cooler. Cheers mate!