Question Help need to know a good screw extractor one that's quality for tiny gpu back plate screws

WINTERLORD

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
I stripped some screws on a gpu backplate tryin to put new thermal pads on it

Didn't work high much higher temps had to take it apart again possably put thiner pads on it as is a possability the vram pads are 0.5mm to thick but striped some screws tryin to take it apart

I have no idea where to get a quality screw extractor all kinds of stuff on Amazon but they don't look small enough to work plus are likly cheap chinease crap I ordered a set but am very doubtful will help

So in short cans someone direct me to a quality screw extractor iv looked everywhere asked the AI ect I have a rtx 2080 gpu can't afford to replace it but don't wanna spend 100bucks on junk tryin to find what I need

Surly someone has experience with having a tiny stripped screw what's a decent screw extractor and if possable does anyone know where to get those tiny screws that hold gpu back plates on

What can I do in the event a screw extractor don't work what other options do I have to get those screws out

Anyone use Mr grip does that work on tiny screws also what other options do I have

Last edited:
I stripped some screws on a gpu backplate tryin to put new thermal pads on it

Didn't work high much higher temps had to take it apart again possably put thiner pads on it as is a possability the vram pads are 0.5mm to thick but striped some screws tryin to take it apart

I have no idea where to get a quality screw extractor all kinds of stuff on Amazon but they don't look small enough to work plus are likly cheap chinease crap I ordered a set but am very doubtful will help

So in short cans someone direct me to a quality screw extractor iv looked everywhere asked the AI ect I have a rtx 2080 gpu can't afford to replace it but don't wanna spend 100bucks on junk tryin to find what I need

Surly someone has experience with having a tiny stripped screw what's a decent screw extractor and if possable does anyone know where to get those tiny screws that hold gpu back plates on

What can I do in the event a screw extractor don't work what other options do I have to get those screws out

Anyone use Mr grip does that work on tiny screws also what other options do I have
Stripped head or threads ? If just treads but it's turning a screwdriver with strong magnet may help. If stuck but head is stripped there's not much you can do with so small screws. I usually carefully drill head with same size drill as screw at threads so head falls off, Then with small pliers unscrew the rest and replace screw with new one. Those screws are pretty soft and easy to drill out.

Last edited: