Question Help needed installing new Graphics card

NVamp

Prominent
Oct 18, 2022
I currently have a AMD Radeon RX 580 which does not want to boot using UEFI, it just boots using CSM/Legacy. I am saving up to buy a new graphics card, it will be a NVidia card so I will have to uninstall the drivers and everything. I believe I am going to have to switch to UEFI to boot with the new card, my one problem is how to switch to UEFI. The main problem now is if I select UEFI I get a display that tells me "No GOP found" (I haven't seen the error in a while so this is all I can remember), and it then switches me back to CSM again. How will I switch my BIOS mode if it will just revert back, or is there a way to save BIOS and shutdown the PC, as this is the only way I can think of that will work. I also have the option to switch to integrated, but am unsure how to tell the BIOS it needs to use the iGPU as the primary one. For extra context my Win 11 install is GPT and in msinfo32 it says the BIOS mode is UEFI.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
RX580 should work with UEFI.

Might consider flashing its vBIOS, and updating your motherboard BIOS while you are at it.

Though wait for someone else to give suggestions that may have encountered this specific problem.

NVamp

Prominent
Oct 18, 2022
RX580 should work with UEFI.

Might consider flashing its vBIOS, and updating your motherboard BIOS while you are at it.

Though wait for someone else to give suggestions that may have encountered this specific problem.
I bricked it last time I tried updating the vBIOS so I am really scared trying to do it again. Thank you for the response.

Reactions: 35below0

TRENDING THREADS