Help needed to get into the actual Windows boot.

1dEsTinY

Reputable
Dec 27, 2015
(Was not sure on which topic to post this on)

Hello, so Ive build my first PC ever and it works wonderfully, here is a quick list of the goodies I got.

Mobo: Asus Z97-A
CPU: Intel i7 4790k
GPU: Sapphire R9 390 (with backplate)
RAM: 16GB Crucial BalistixSport @1600mhz
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W

So my question is, in the UEFI-bios, I cant like, seem to understand what I need to do to get into the actual black screen of "no bootable device found" or the like, I just always come into the Asus UEFI-bios. I researched and found out to make my optical drive as the priority boot and to save and restart, Ive changed on all the options possible to make the optical drive number 1 (sata port 1 is the ssd, sata port 2 is the optical drive, read as P1 and P2 meaning ports I assume).

What is confusing me tho is, whenever I change it, the bios always tells me "you have not made any changes"

Do I need to update the BIOS via a USB or something?

Thanks for the heads up.

Edit: I really dislike how much times Ive restarted the thing to try to come in the windows boot thing...

You're trying to boot to the optical drive so you can install Windows?

In the Boot menu there should be a listing for Boot Override or something similar. Choose the UEFI "whatever optical drive" option. It will then use the optical drive for that one boot (which is all you should need).

1dEsTinY

Reputable
Dec 27, 2015

I have..it still aint working, when I choose the optical drive for the boot override, it goes black screen for a few seconds and UEFI bios comes up again... (without restarting)

1dEsTinY

Reputable
Dec 27, 2015

That was the exact issue my friend, I never had the Windows cd into the optical drive whlist being in the bios and trying to boot from it, pointless and no wonder thoese weird blackouts happend, its all good now, everything is solved, thank you.