Help Needed Wallpaper keep changing to blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxdobermanxx

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2011
I have a problem my laptop wallpaper keep changing to blue ( no picture) and everytime i set a wallpaper it just reset to the blue wallpaper.
this happen every 5 to 30 minutes or when i launch a program any solutions?

Solution
Yes, you have to create the key. Look under CURRENT USER in the same ControlPanel/Desktop to see how it should look.

Good antivirus programs are available free. Even if this issue has nothing to do with malware, I strongly suggest that you get one and run it. It's a hostile world if you are connected to the Internet.
Don't know why it is doing that. I have found it useful to set the wallpaper for the Default User via the registry. But what that gave me was the same wallpaper on the login and lock screens.

If, and only if, you are already comfortable editing the registry, you can try modifying - oh, heck, that's on my home machine and I'm at work. I'll edit if I find it. EDIT: HKEY_USERS/.DEFAULT/ControlPanel/Desktop/Wallpaper.

The other thing that occurs to me is that random resets of system settings may indicate a virus or other malware. Do you run regular scans?

xxdobermanxx

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2011

Well the computer hasnt been scanned by a top anti virus or a malware program , it tried the registry thing but it stops at HKEY_USERS/.DEFAULT/ControlPanel/Desktop i dont see the wallpaper part

Yes, you have to create the key. Look under CURRENT USER in the same ControlPanel/Desktop to see how it should look.

Good antivirus programs are available free. Even if this issue has nothing to do with malware, I strongly suggest that you get one and run it. It's a hostile world if you are connected to the Internet.

Solution

xxdobermanxx

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2011

Thanks for your help , im gonna download an antivirus program and give the computer a full scan

Status
Not open for further replies.