Help needed with cooling system.

Sep 10, 2016
Hi, I am a first time builder looking to make sure that my CPU and GPU cooling system is set up properly. Since I do not have enough room above my motherboard for the CPU or GPU cooler I had to put one on the back and one on the front. I put the GPU cooler towards the front because my case has small protrusions around the edge of the back fan seat (the CPU cooler starts with the fan which is smaller than the other part of the cooling system, while the GPU cooler starts with the side where the tubing inserts. That is why I put the CPU in the front because it would fit).

I am only concerned that since I have the water cooling tubing set up like I have not seen anyone else had that it might be wrong. Please let me know if it looks fine (look at pictures) and if you have any ideas how to fix the protrusions (they are there to secure a piece of the case). Lastly I am unsure if i put the 3-pin connector from the CPU cooler (the part that connects directly to CPU) into the CPU_FAN port (refer to picture for part list). Thanks! (Overall view is the last image, and sorry about the quality of the pictures).

iKtRHQ.jpg

WujXUx.jpg

bUikz7.jpg

S4qCZK.jpg

YXZuhW.jpg

m7bQWU.jpg

Solution
It looks OK to me. There don't seem to be any kinks in the tubing, so as long as the fans are set up sensibly you should be fine. The cooler should have come with instructions for where to connect the cables, but at a guess, I'd say that 3 pin connector is for the water pump, and should indeed be plugged into the CPU FAN connector.

Mightyena

Honorable
Oct 21, 2014
It looks OK to me. There don't seem to be any kinks in the tubing, so as long as the fans are set up sensibly you should be fine. The cooler should have come with instructions for where to connect the cables, but at a guess, I'd say that 3 pin connector is for the water pump, and should indeed be plugged into the CPU FAN connector.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS