[SOLVED] Help needed with sleeper build power switch

Jul 25, 2021
Hi all!

I bought an old pc case that I want to use to make a sleeper build and I was wondering if you guys could help me get the power switch working. It has the old school two pole power switch and the wires come directly from psu to the switch. How to make this switch work with modern PSU and mobo? :)

Below are some pics from the old wires and the switch. All ideas are much appreciated :).

5cNwScc.jpg

rjJzC7E.jpg

t9Hogb3.jpg

Solution
Reset switch should work for power, turbo probably best not to use as it is a continuous on/off.

you could hook up that 2 pole one quite easily as well but it would be awkward to use, you’d have to turn it on and off quickly to use it as a button, if you see what I mean…
Jul 25, 2021
You're right I think the reset / turbo switches will be much easier and actually they have these modern switch lines. I assume I can just plug these into the normal mobo headers and see what happens.

wKtvJiS.jpg

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
Reset switch should work for power, turbo probably best not to use as it is a continuous on/off.

you could hook up that 2 pole one quite easily as well but it would be awkward to use, you’d have to turn it on and off quickly to use it as a button, if you see what I mean…

Reactions: s4mm4st3r
Solution
Jul 25, 2021
Yes that could be one solution and I could probably use it as a momentary switch in both positions. Then the system would be running when the switch is in off position, but maybe I could live with that.