[SOLVED] Help. New build

Daeranystle

Honorable
Jun 2, 2014
Hello,

I've recently upgraded my PC on a budget, I'll let you all know I've been away from IT world for a while and I had no clue about the new 3000 series being released, don't judge me.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 3.6GHz
MoBo: Asus Prime B5450M-A
GPU: GTX 1660 Super
rAM - kINGSTON cl16 3200Mhz HyperX

My question is, I wonder if my MoBo needed a firmware update to be compatible with Ryzen 5, it said on the website it did, but on the shop where I bought they told me it wasn't neccessary. I'm just wondering how can I check it and if it's not what the implications it can bring, like, will it bottleneck my CPU performance?

Thank you!

Solution
Ah, so if it shouldn't work if the BIOS isn't updated I'm gonna guess it is, I know for a fact the shop didn't update it, so I'm going to guess it already came updated from factory, since it works, I was just wondering if it could affect the CPU performance in case it wasn't.

Thank you guys.
Many times you will either have problems if you aren't running the required BIOS or newer....or it won't run at all.

You can check to see what BIOS you have and what's required.
Go to the MB web page and it will tell you what is the required BIOS for your CPU.
You should be running that BIOS or newer.
You should be able to check what version of BIOS you have....in the BIOS.
Hello,

I've recently upgraded my PC on a budget, I'll let you all know I've been away from IT world for a while and I had no clue about the new 3000 series being released, don't judge me.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 3.6GHz
MoBo: Asus Prime B5450M-A
GPU: GTX 1660 Super
rAM - kINGSTON cl16 3200Mhz HyperX

My question is, I wonder if my MoBo needed a firmware update to be compatible with Ryzen 5, it said on the website it did, but on the shop where I bought they told me it wasn't neccessary. I'm just wondering how can I check it and if it's not what the implications it can bring, like, will it bottleneck my CPU performance?

Thank you!
Many of the newer B450 boards which were manufactured after Ryzen 3000 series launch already came with updated bios you can check it on the box of your mobo for the bios version or it might have something as "Ryzen 3000 series Ready" infront of the box.

Daeranystle

Honorable
Jun 2, 2014
Ah, so if it shouldn't work if the BIOS isn't updated I'm gonna guess it is, I know for a fact the shop didn't update it, so I'm going to guess it already came updated from factory, since it works, I was just wondering if it could affect the CPU performance in case it wasn't.

Thank you guys.

Thank you guys.
Many times you will either have problems if you aren't running the required BIOS or newer....or it won't run at all.

You can check to see what BIOS you have and what's required.
Go to the MB web page and it will tell you what is the required BIOS for your CPU.
You should be running that BIOS or newer.
You should be able to check what version of BIOS you have....in the BIOS.

Reactions: Daeranystle
Solution

Thank you guys.
The stores do not update the mobo, the bios is already updated if it's recently manufactured or comes with the bios that was latest at the time of its manufacture.