Question Help! Newly installed M.2 nmve caused computer to crash

Oct 20, 2024
I built my first PC a few months back, the ssd was the only part that hadn't shipped yet so i picked up another one and put it together. Everything worked great. We just got hit by the hurricane and had to remove everything, while putting the household back together i installed a 2nd TB storage into the 2nd M.2 slot.

It seemed fine, I changed it to G and then formatted the drive in disk management. Everything was working and 5 minutes later the computer shut off.

Now when i try to turn on nothing happens except the Ram lights up but none of the fans or anything else starts up. I cannot get to bios, my monitor never detects the pc. (I put the hdmi into the IO not the graphics card nothing worked)

I removed the newly installed ssd. Nothing happened. I tried moving the ssd with windows to 2nd slot. Nothing happened. I installed them back but switching original position. Nothing happend. I hope im not in over my head, and advice would be greatly appreciated.

PC Specs:
Motherboard: MSI B650 Gaming plus WIFI
Graphics card: Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4070 TI Super
PC: Ryzen 7800 x3d
SSD #1: WD Black 1 TB (forgot part number but worked since building, SSD#2, kingston xg7000 1 TB NVME PCIE Gen 4x4
PSU: Seasonic focus GX850
AIO: Cooler master ML240L
Memory: Trident z5 neo rgb ddr5 16gbx2

Help Please!!!!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You have an iGPU, connect to the motherboard's display output ports, then remove the discrete GPU from your build(while you're disconnected from the wall. See if that helps.

Following that, try and follow this guide;
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5fJ7DjmLTU

to flash the BIOS on your motherboard.

Moved thread from Storage section to Systems section.

Reactions: giglamesh
Oct 20, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You have an iGPU, connect to the motherboard's display output ports, then remove the discrete GPU from your build(while you're disconnected from the wall. See if that helps.

Following that, try and follow this guide;
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5fJ7DjmLTU

to flash the BIOS on your motherboard.

Moved thread from Storage section to Systems section.
do i have to dissasemble everything from the motherboard while doing this?

Lutfij

Titan
No you don't, just make sure the PSU's rocker switch is in the ON position as should be for the wall out, then perform steps as outlined in the video above. You don't need display out actually.

Speaking of display out, I take it that the system without the discrete GPU didn't POST? You forgot to mention the make and model of your case.

Oct 20, 2024
No you don't, just make sure the PSU's rocker switch is in the ON position as should be for the wall out, then perform steps as outlined in the video above. You don't need display out actually.

Speaking of display out, I take it that the system without the discrete GPU didn't POST? You forgot to mention the make and model of your case.
It did not. I decided to take out and test the power supply. After doing the "jump start" by short circuiting with a paper clip the fan did not turn on.
It seems weird because my ram rgb was lit up on the motherboard but nothing else did.

Maybe the psu went bad? unless im doing something wrong.

My case is a Montech King 95 Pro.

Do you recommending doing a warranty for the psu?
Thank you.

TRENDING THREADS