[SOLVED] Help! Next upgrade in old budget build.

Feb 11, 2021
Hey, guys currently looking to upgrade my budget build.

As a beginner builder I started with the ryzen 5 2400g using the integrated graphics and later added a 1050ti to the system. Currently looking for what would be my next step. As in replacing the cpu with a mid range. Or maybe something simpler as in memory. I know I wanna bump up to 16gb for memory for sure. But the vast world of google only confuses me lol. Any advice as in obvious bottlenecks or any other issues you guys might see would be very helpful.

Current build:

MSi B350m gaming pro

Ryzen 5 2400g

G. Skill ripjaw v series DDR4 3200
(2x4gb) kit. Clocked at 2800mhz is all I can run memory at and be stable.

Asus cerberus gtx 1050ti 4gb.

Seagate barracuda 500gb 7200rpm.

Xpg sx 6000 256gb m.2 pcie nvme.

Running MSi afterburner and task manager.
Cpu runs at about 35%
Memory runs at 75-80%
Gpu at 97-99%

I'm trying to get away from budget and add some more mid range components.
Basically what I'm asking is what would be my next step in upgrades to see better performance as I work toward having a overall better system
Thanks in advance

Solution
First, I'd upgrade to 2x8gb kit ddr4 3600 Vengeance LPX memory. After that I'd get a 500-1tb SSD for a game/steam drive. Turn down your resolution to shift the heavy lifting to your cpu. Free up some overhead for quality settings.
Feb 11, 2021
Ram was the conclusion I had first. I was hoping gpu wouldn't be in the list lol as it was the last thing I added to the system. I knew it was on the lower end. Would it be better to pair my gpu with a better cpu. Or would that just lead to gpu bottle neck

Ram was the conclusion I had first. I was hoping gpu wouldn't be in the list lol as it was the last thing I added to the system. I knew it was on the lower end. Would it be better to pair my gpu with a better cpu. Or would that just lead to gpu bottle neck
I think your current CPU is fast enough for the 1050 Ti. You're already maxing out the GPU and showing about 35% on the CPU. You could go up a bit with the GPU, but as was said...now isn't a good time to but a GPU.

jwcrellin

Reputable
First, I'd upgrade to 2x8gb kit ddr4 3600 Vengeance LPX memory. After that I'd get a 500-1tb SSD for a game/steam drive. Turn down your resolution to shift the heavy lifting to your cpu. Free up some overhead for quality settings.

Solution
Feb 11, 2021
I think your current CPU is fast enough for the 1050 Ti. You're already maxing out the GPU and showing about 35% on the CPU. You could go up a bit with the GPU, but as was said...now isn't a good time to but a GPU.
When is a good time to buy
First, I'd upgrade to 2x8gb kit ddr4 3600 Vengeance LPX memory. After that I'd get a 500-1tb SSD for a game/steam drive.
Thanks that answered my next question. Of what ram I know I need a 16gb kit. I'ma just have to eventually bite the bullet and get a better gpu prices at the time of my build was the sole reason I went with the apu. Thanks everyone again.
I'm definitely gonna up my ram and hopefully that'll get me by until I can up the gpu.