Help. No 6 Pin power cable seen in my tower, what adapter do I buy?

Hark__Vincio

Commendable
Apr 2, 2016
I have a HP 6000 Pro Microtower,
320 Watts
Gtx 750 ti 4GB

I see vacant slots , i dont know the names of, and there is no 6 pin cable, anywhere.
I see Similar slots to SATA, but has two 'sections' its thin narrow, looks like a smaller pcie slot.

Can I buy a specific 6 pin adapter, and connect to... somewhere?
Can I use the HDMI or DVI D, to connect to my VGA monitor? Instead of DVI I?
, the graphic card's DVI I is busted.

Solution
you shouldn't use an adaptor, that PSU probably won't cope, there are many 750ti's with no external power requirements.
you shouldn't be able to use dvi-d or hdmi to go to VGA, these are digital cables and that is an analogue port.

thehutti

Distinguished
May 12, 2014
If there is no 6pin connector on the PSU then the manufacturer don't advises to use this PSU for graphic cards that need extra power. There are of course adapters like Molex-to-PCIe 6Pin, but it could be that you PSU will be overloaded on the rail of the molex connectors so I would suggest you buy a new PSU with a 6pin connector. You could of course try it with an adapter, they are cheap and your GPU doesn't consume much power.

sorry that first sentence is wrong or misleading depending on how generously I'm interpreting it. The third sentence is perfectly correct though.

NO, you can not. Therefore all your other questions are irrelevant. If you really want a 750Ti, get one that doesn't require a 6 pin, and has VGA or a working DVI-I. A HP 320W PSU should be OK for a 750Ti