Question Help No Display no Keyboard

Victel

Honorable
Oct 31, 2016
I built a custom loop and upgraded my 10900 cpu with the 11900k rocket lake CPU and I updated my z490 motherboard with the latest BIOS update to support the new hardware. Everything worked very well when I benchmarked it all with my custom liquid loop. I reformatted everything to accommodate my new liquid cooled corsair m.2 and again, it all ran well. Then I shut it off and went to bed and when I woke up and tried to use my PC there was no display or mouse or keyboard. The fans and everything spun and the gpu seemed to be running as well but no display or keyboard or mouse. Any ideas?

Intel 11900k CPU
MSI 3090 ventus x3
MSI Unify Z490
AX1500i PSU
Hyper X Fury DDR4 Ram 64 GB 3200MHZ

Victel

Honorable
Oct 31, 2016
Did you reboot? ie - press the reset button on your case if it has one otherwise long press the power button until the fans shut off.
On reboot, enter the bios if you can and make sure the GPU to initialize first is set to PCIE or PEG.

My display and keyboard aren't working. I can't enter the bios.

Victel

Honorable
Oct 31, 2016
Try switching off the PSU, remove the GPU and connect a monitor to the motherbds video port and then see if it will boot up then.
The USBs to use is typically the top-most ones on the rear.

So you think it could be the GPU that is the problem? My motherboard is the MSI unify, it doesn't have a video port on it. Is there another way to test? I'm currently on the proper USBs. Something's to note about btue gpu are that it does appear to be running as it feels warm. I am using a 4.0 pcie riser cable with it. Perhaps connecting my 3.0 would be worth a test. Also, what do you make of the fact that it worked fine the day prior, what would make it just stop displaying visual and make the keyboard and mouse no longer respond? I'm unsure what state the PC is in or if it's even booting. It seems to run like normal but without a mouse, keyboard and video signal. By that I mean the fans, pump, GPU and everything seem to be getting warm or running.

Victel

Honorable
Oct 31, 2016
Did you reboot? ie - press the reset button on your case if it has one otherwise long press the power button until the fans shut off.
On reboot, enter the bios if you can and make sure the GPU to initialize first is set to PCIE or PEG.

It was the M.2 or the M.2 port since taking it out allowed the PC to start. Any thoughts?