Question [Help] No DVI signal on monitor - Motherboard problem?

May 22, 2019
Hi Guys,

As per the subject I've been having some problems with my desktop showing up this message and not booting.
This already happened a couple of times in the last months but I always thought it was the Monitor. It would actually turn on after after a while so I never bothered much with the issue.
Last week it happened again but it doesn't work for good now...

I'm going to explain all the steps taken into bulletpoints so that it can be easier to understand:

1. Monitor - Tried another monitor, the same happens - My Desktop is usually connected to my monitor by a DVI connection in the motherboard socket
  2. Cleaned everything inside the case including GPU and memories - no luck
  3. Probably GPU issue, tried it in my friend's desktop, it worked perfectly - it's not the GPU
  4. PSU? But the desktop actually boots and every fan works properly including CPU, GPU, 2 extra noiseblockers....
  5. Motherboard? Took the whole desktop tower to my friend's house and before we started taking the components off to test the mobo he thought in just connecting the power cable and randomly trying - it worked like a charm, like nothing have ever happened. We rebooted it, turned it off for half an hour and turned it on again, it was working perfectly - Probably the issue was with my extension cord or the wall socket, seems strange but...possible?
  6. Took it home, connected it to a different extension cord on a different wall socket and it worked perfectly again - Ok... power connection problem
  7. Next day when I was about to put my set up in place with everything properly connected the issue happened again.
  8. Tried a couple more extension cords in different wall sockets throughout the house, the issue remains
  9. It worked in my friend's house, so, what's different? Cables? But it was working here aswell with the same cables... Anyways, tried different DVI cables, different HDMI cables - nothing works.
  10. Motherboard again? Maybe the mobo is faulty and it accidently worked in my friend's place and when I arrived home and tried it. Maybe we were just "lucky" that it turned on.

Already searched online and found a lot of similar situations but they all had something in common: some hardware change. It was not my case though , nothing changed in my set up....
I'm not sure how to proceed now, what to test, what to think....

Would you guys be so kind as to give me some suggestions or advices on this issue?

My desktop:
Motherboard:
MSI B150M Bazooka
PSU: XFX TST 550w
CPU: i5-6600 3.3Ghz
GPU: MSI GTX 960 2GB
RAM: GSKILL Ripjaws 2x 4GB
HDD + SSD

Thanks in advance.

PS. Sorry for the long post

May 22, 2019
Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? You can try working without the discrete GPU to rule out your PSU being faulty and of sorts, rule out a grounding/power input issue to the system. How old is your PSU?

Thank you for your answer.

I did not update my BIOS. My PSU is 3 years old, this desktop was built 3 years ago.

So you are suggesting that I take my GPU off and try it that way?