HELP! no signal to my monitor

cjy

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2009
Help!

I just bought a new monitor Samsung T220 and installed the new drivers from the cd. I used to have two monitors installed as a dual monitor setup but gave them both away to my sister. Everything was working well before on the two monitors but somehow now when I've installed this new T220 monitor I get no singal from the graphic card dvi ports (both 1 and 2). It doesn't actually say no signal, but i see only black on the screen and the monitor light is slowly blinking as if its on sleep mode and getting no output from the graphics card.

I know the monitor isn't broken because if i plug it into the motherboard vga slot I get a signal and the display works perfectly. What's really strange is that if I reinstall the graphic drivers of the ati 2900 pro using either catalist 8.0 the monitor displays correctly through the graphics card DVI port without problem. Its after I reboot / shutdown / or put on sleep, it somehow loses the signal again on both ports and goes back to the black screen with the slow blinking light as if on sleep.

So I'm forced to plug it into the motherboard VGA slot to reinstall the ATI drivers all over again. I feel like the only way to get around this is to never shutdown my computer, or to just accept using my monitor through the motherboard VGA. Both options are pretty awful. I really don't know what to do and I've searched the internet for answers with nothing! I really need your help!

-Kristina

UberGenocide

Distinguished
May 17, 2009

hmmmmm have you tried another cable for your monitor(DVI and/or power cable??)

It might be time for a new graphics card if your not getting signal

What kind of Graphics card do u have??

Uber :D

cjy

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2009

I'm using ati radeon 2900 pro 1gig version. Bought it within the last few years so it shouldn't have issues? When I reinstall the driver, the graphics card works fine. THe problem is if i reboot the system or it goes on sleep then it fails to detect again and I have to plug it into the mobo dvi for anything to show up.

UberGenocide

Distinguished
May 17, 2009

are u using windows vista?