Help O'C A8 5600k

Deathpawz

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
I would like help O'C my CPU but i don't really know how. I have an A8 5600k @4.3ghz being cooled by a cooler master hyper 212 evo idle temps avarage 40* and while playing games they stay around 55*. My PSU is 650W.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
4.3 GHz! The stock A10-5600K is only 3.6 GHz with the capability to boost a couple cores to 3.9 GHz if only a couple threads are being addressed. If you have it at 4.3 GHz and stable, you must have it OC'ed now.

Do your OC'ing in BIOS. No software.
Basic OC'ing is done by disabling any turbo mode the board/CPU may have. Then increasing the CPU clock multiplier one click at a time. Save and exit to Win. Run a stress testing app like prime95 for an hour and watch that temps don't get/stay above mid 70Cs. If all is good and there's no failed cores, repeat. Eventually you will either get too warm or the OC will no longer be stable. You can either back off and live with the last good OC, or you can begin increasing the vcore about 0.05v at a time and repeat the above.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Amazing. You may want to leave it as is. It shouldn't be that high if you haven't changed anything in BIOS or done any software OC'ing. Run something that stresses the CPU and check the CPU speed in Win with CPU-Z.

Btw, to begin manual OC'ing in BIOS, you have to switch AI OC Tuner to manual.

If your BIOS doesn't offer taking a screen shot to a flash drive, you can always take a std. photo and post it.