Help on how to cheapen this build while staying with an i7 6 core

Onid Ahcem

Commendable
Apr 12, 2016
Hi,

I'm currently researching parts for my next PC build. I didn't build my first one so I'm a little over my head here. I've read a lot on this site (a lot of helpful info) but I'd like some help on this particular build.

I need a PC for music production. So a lot of RAM and a good CPU. I planned on going with a i7 6700 but I'm curious to know if I can get away with a good 6 core build without going (completely) broke. Specifically, I want to use RAM and CPU intensive sample libraries like EastWest orchestra stuff. I won't use it for gaming (3 screen display would be nice though).

This is the build :
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/fWNb4D

This build is from someone and has been proven to be able to do what I eventually wants to do. It's also a little over my budget. Do I need this video card? Do I actually need a video card (it seems like the i7-5820k has no onboard graphic, which the i7-6700 have (which is in my affordable build). Also, the i7-5820k is also very tempting because it can support up to 128 gb RAM (unofficially), which is why this particular motherboard is in the build. But can a MSI x99A SLI PLUS (193.98$ right now) do the same job? Can I get this build to a more affordable price?

Thanks for reading :)

Solution
Oh, first of all you do need a video card with the i7. This is what ultra cheap ones like the GT 710 are good for although I might go for a GT 730, occasionally graphics can be a bottleneck in general usage.
I'd say more but I'm about to leave WiFi range.
Oh, first of all you do need a video card with the i7. This is what ultra cheap ones like the GT 710 are good for although I might go for a GT 730, occasionally graphics can be a bottleneck in general usage.
I'd say more but I'm about to leave WiFi range.

Solution

Onid Ahcem

Commendable
Apr 12, 2016

Ok, thanks for the info. You mean the i7-5820k needs a video card, but not the i7-6700 right?

Also I'm not actually sure I'll ever need 128b ram (if that's doable with the i7-5820k), so would you have a solid but reasonable suggestion for a motherboard?