Help on Upgrading cpu

doxxicfor3

Reputable
Dec 13, 2014
I want to upgrade my cpu but i have a few questions before i do
1. My current cpu is amd anthlon ii x4 640 2.80ghz, and i want to upgrade to the AMD FX-4130 Black Edition Quad-Core Processor 3.8GHz , would the upgrade be worth it, would i get a big performance boost, to my fps, other things.

2. My motherboard is a foxxconn 2aa9, can even upgrade my cpu, my psu is 250w. Would upgrading bottle neck my gpu, cuz i think as of now my cpu is bottle necking my gpu, and people have to told me to upgrade (my gpu is amd hd 7750).

3. Can i use my stock cpu fan on the cpu i want to buy or would i have to buy a new one, if so which one?

4. Do i have to upgrade my psu? and if i do, can i just buy one, or would i have to do research to see which one would work in my pc?

5. could upgrading cpu harm my pc?

my pc specs
35dd9ih.jpg

I would probably upgrade the power supply first off. Next thing i would go for is a better video card. After that, then start looking at an aftermarket cooler and better cpu, though you may want to stay away from the fx chips. The am3+ socket is pretty much on the way out it seems. Maybe grab an amd athlon 760k and a good boats and overclock that if you want to stay amd or look at Intel.

I mean you could go for an fx and it would be ok, but no upgrade path down the road.

ihog

Distinguished
You can't use the 4130 because your mobo doesn't support it, and the CPU socket in compatible with you motherboard. Pretty much any motherboard would work, but you have the make sure your PSU has the right plugs and that it will fit in your case.

doxxicfor3

Reputable
Dec 13, 2014
if i just wanted to upgrade my cpu, would i still need to upgrade my psu?

Also i found a list of cpu, i could buy right with the money i have, can you tell me how more perfomance would be getting from these compared to my 630

1. Athlon II X4 640 3 GHz Quad-Core
2. AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1ghz
3. AMD Phenom II x6 1055T 2.8GHz

which is best and second best out of all of these

doxxicfor3

Reputable
Dec 13, 2014

Alright, i think ill take your suggest and upgrade my pc. I just need help on few things
Which mobo should i get?
Which cpu should i get
which gpu
which psu?

This might be hard, but can you try to formulate these answers and do in a way that makes the cost of each that to much, but this still have a decent effect in my pc? Keep in mind that with my current pc I can run bf4 at meduim high 1920 x 1080p 40-50fps, the reason i initially wanted to upgrade my pc was for cpu intensive games like insurgency, because my frames varieties from 20-40 on 1680x1050 everything low in that game

ihog

Distinguished
You probably won't, but you have to check the TDP of the CPU you would upgrade to and compare it to your current CPU's TDP, which is 95W. You would only have to use the heatsink that comes with the new CPU.

That CPU isn't really much better than the one you have now, but it doesn't matter because it isn't compatible with your motherboard.

doxxicfor3

Reputable
Dec 13, 2014
how much better is AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1ghz than my current cpu, how much more performance would i get, lastly do i really need to upgrade most my pc to play insurgency with 60+fps?

doxxicfor3

Reputable
Dec 13, 2014
i've heard that the game is cpu intensive, but as just stated the cpu i want to buy are not that much more powerful than the one i have, the only way to get better frames in this game would be to basically upgrade my whole pc...

TRENDING THREADS