Jan 6, 2018
Hi I'm building a new PC with following specs:
Asus Prime z270-p
Pentium G4400
Crucial 4gb DDR4-2133mhz
Sapphire RX 580 Pulse
Seasonic Prime Gold 1200w
So what's happened so far:
Stripped down to only CPU RAM, PSU and SSD.
Tried 3/4 RAM slots (a1, a2, b1)
Pulled out CMOS for 2 minutes multiple times
removed SSD from the setup
All of this to no avail, Ethernet light is on and all the motherboard lights are on, fan spins on and the USB ports don't work (pressed caps on keyboard but didn't light up and mouse led won't light up either, both wired.)
Then I got another 4GB RAM stick from the local hardware shop, swapped them out and it still didn't work.
After this still didn't work, I tried to put the other RAM stick in with the first stick (the stick I got new from the local hardware shop in A2, the other in B2) and I reset the CMOS this time by shorting the clear RTC ram pins and it booted! It only showed 4gb of memory though, so I tried to remove the stick in slot A2 and after that I was back to everything spinning on but no display or USB. I tried putting the stick back in slot A2 but even then it didn't work and now I'm back to square one. I replugged the VGA aswell but that didn't work either and now I'm just lost for words.
The motherboard is being run on the motherboard box, in case that matters.
I tried to document everything with as much detail as possible to make sure nothing is overlooked. Thanks in advance for any help!

gregorybasink

Prominent
Jan 6, 2018
I just tried booting the system on processed wood instead of the motherboard box to see if that was the problem, still getting no signal and no power on the USB, does anyone have any clue what could be the case? I'll hopefully be getting a motherboard speaker soon.