Question Help! PC keeps crashing/rebooting

Jun 22, 2019
Since end of last month, I have been having this same issue periodically happen, sometimes 3 times within 5 minutes of each other. My screen freezes up for a minute then I can hear the audio start to become distorted before audio is gone. A small flick of blue screen appears or sometimes green lines, then shuts off, then immediately reboots. When the computer logo pops up again there are little lines of pink in a pattern then it makes the sign in screen resolution look huge and stretched. Once I sign in everything is back to normal. When I turned it on again this morning, the resolution was stretched so I tried to turn back the resolution to 1920x1080 a window popped up asking if I want to keep changes. When this window popped up the screen had a pink line pattern on the screen with the words distorted where it was hard to read then quickly reverted the resolution to be locked at 800x600. I manually shut the computer off using Start menu and now waiting to learn what I need to do.

PC specs:

CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i7-8700K 3.70GHZ 12MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1151 (Coffee Lake)

500GB WD Blue SSD + 2TB SATA III Hard Drive Combo

MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3000MHz Dual Channel Memory (ADATA XPG Z1)

MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z370 GAMING PLUS ATX w/ RGB, USB 3.1, 2 PCIe x16, 4 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 1 M.2 SATA/PCIe [Intel Optane Ready]

POWERSUPPLY: 1,000 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Gold Power Supply

VIDEO: GeForce(R) RTX 2080 8GB GDDR6 (Turing) [VR Ready] (Single Card)