[SOLVED] HELP: PC randomly died

Mar 20, 2020
Really needing some help here as I'm at a loss. A few hours ago my PC randomly turned off, and won't power back on. Initially I thought it was the PSU, so I tested it with an older one. The RGB on the mobo and ram turned on, but nothing else. Tested with the old GPU (RX 480) and the GPU turns on. When booting up, it says "CPU Fan Error!". None of my fans turn on, and my NZXT AIO doesn't turn on anymore either. Is it a fried motherboard? I've never come across this issue before. PC specs below.

Asus Prime x470 Mobo
Ryzen 3800X
Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT
Corsair RM 850X
Corsair RGB Fans connected to Commander Pro
NZXT Kraken X52(?) CPU AIO
16GB G.SKill Ram

Solution
Really needing some help here as I'm at a loss. A few hours ago my PC randomly turned off, and won't power back on. Initially I thought it was the PSU, so I tested it with an older one. The RGB on the mobo and ram turned on, but nothing else. Tested with the old GPU (RX 480) and the GPU turns on. When booting up, it says "CPU Fan Error!". None of my fans turn on, and my NZXT AIO doesn't turn on anymore either. Is it a fried motherboard? I've never come across this issue before. PC specs below.

Asus Prime x470 Mobo
Ryzen 3800X
Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT
Corsair RM 850X
16GB G.SKill Ram
Could easily be a problem with your AiO, BIOS prevents starting without...

Asus Prime x470 Mobo
Ryzen 3800X
Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT
Corsair RM 850X
16GB G.SKill Ram
Could easily be a problem with your AiO, BIOS prevents starting without CPU_FAN running. Try to connect any fan straight to CPU_FAN header on the MB. It should at least start up and let you see BIOS screen.

Solution

Latest posts