[SOLVED] !!HELP!! PC Starts but wont display

codakismaximus

Honorable
Nov 3, 2013
Just a minute ago I was using my computer fine, I put my foot on this little ledge and must of hit my power cable. For some reason my computer turned on and off 5 or 6 times I unplugged the power cable from the wall and turned my power supply off. I then plugged the cable back into the wall, turned the power supply on and started the computer which turned on but nothing displayed and my keyboard or mouse didn't light up as they typically do.

If someone could help me it would be very appreciated.

PC Specs

MSI 970a-g43
AMD FX-6300 @ 3.7
RIPJAWS DDR3 1866 8GB
EVGA 750ti SC
EVGA 500w
SSD & HD

Solution
I unplugged it and held the button for 10 seconds the fans turned a little bit. I plugged it back in and it turns on fine but still no signal.

Does your motherboard have warning LED's? They're mostly left from the CPU-socket. Every LED has its own meaning. Normally there's 4 LED's, 1 for CPU, 1 for BIOS, 1 for MoBo and 1 for VGA (GPU)
  1. If the VGA LED flickers when you start your build, you might wanna look for a warranty claim.
  2. If the BIOS LED flickers, you should remove the CMOS-battery (the small flat CR2032 battery on the MoBo) with the power unplugged, hit the power-button a few times. Replace the batterry, plug the power back in and boot. (<- CMOS Reset)
If one of the other LED flicker you might...

codakismaximus

Honorable
Nov 3, 2013
if you unplug the power cable from the wall and hold the power button for 10s, does it work after you plug it back in? else you might need a new PSU
I don't understand what you mean by your question. If it's unplugged from the wall it will not start. But just for more information when my computer is on the monitor says "no signal" and when the computer is off it says "check signal cable", so it is recognizing my video card but not inputting a signal

I don't understand what you mean by your question. If it's unplugged from the wall it will not start. But just for more information when my computer is on the monitor says "no signal" and when the computer is off it says "check signal cable", so it is recognizing my video card but not inputting a signal

Can you just try it?

1. unplug it from the wall.
  2. hold the powerbutton for 10 seconds
  3. plug it back in and try to start the computer.

Jonas Taelman

Reputable
Jul 19, 2015
I unplugged it and held the button for 10 seconds the fans turned a little bit. I plugged it back in and it turns on fine but still no signal.

Does your motherboard have warning LED's? They're mostly left from the CPU-socket. Every LED has its own meaning. Normally there's 4 LED's, 1 for CPU, 1 for BIOS, 1 for MoBo and 1 for VGA (GPU)
  1. If the VGA LED flickers when you start your build, you might wanna look for a warranty claim.
  2. If the BIOS LED flickers, you should remove the CMOS-battery (the small flat CR2032 battery on the MoBo) with the power unplugged, hit the power-button a few times. Replace the batterry, plug the power back in and boot. (<- CMOS Reset)
If one of the other LED flicker you might need to put them in warranty as well.

Also, try a different port on your GPU. I've had a few cases where only one port doesn't work.

Last edited:
Solution

codakismaximus

Honorable
Nov 3, 2013
If one of the other LED flicker you might need to put them in warranty as well.

Also, try a different port on your GPU. I've had a few cases where only one port doesn't work.
thanks for the help but I fixed it. I cleared my cmos and it worked fine.