[SOLVED] Help! PC won't turn on!

MeowPotatos

Reputable
Mar 25, 2016
My build's about 5 years old and I havent had any problems with it until about month ago. I went to wake it from sleep and....nothing. It wouldn't turn on. I disconnected and reconnected the power plug to a different outlet and it didnt do anything. So I took it apart and put it back together. Still nothing. Being thoroughly panicked, I called my local PC repair guys and brought it in. They found absolutely nothing wrong with it, it ran just fine for them. They cleaned it a bit and sent me on my way. Only for it to not turn on two days later. So, of course, I took it back. They kept it for the day letting it run and putting it to sleep at various times to see if they could duplicate the problem I was having to no avail. They gave it back to me and I was able to use it for about a week.

Today it's doing the same thing. The motherboard light comes on and the wifi toggle light come on. That's it. No beeping, no sounds, no fans. I feel like Im going crazy here and would love if someone could help me out.

Update: I've replaced the cmos battery, flipped the breaker, and switched rooms as well as outlets to no avail.

Build:
Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5 GHz Quad-Core
Processor
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4 GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 Video Card
Antec Twelve Hundred V3 ATX Full Tower Case
Antec 750 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Solution
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer to see if there are any error codes, warnings, or even informational events that correspond with when the problem(s) occur.

Also is that Antec 750 Watt PSU from the original build (i.e. about 5 years old)?

In any case, do you know if the PC repair guys tested the PSU to any extent at all?

Reference:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-manually-test-a-power-supply-with-a-multimeter-2626158

Not a full test per se as the PSU is not under load. However, if any voltages are out of spec or nearly so then the PSU is suspect.

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer to see if there are any error codes, warnings, or even informational events that correspond with when the problem(s) occur.

Also is that Antec 750 Watt PSU from the original build (i.e. about 5 years old)?

In any case, do you know if the PC repair guys tested the PSU to any extent at all?

Reference:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-manually-test-a-power-supply-with-a-multimeter-2626158

Not a full test per se as the PSU is not under load. However, if any voltages are out of spec or nearly so then the PSU is suspect.

Solution