Question Help! Photos grayed out and "not supported" all of a sudden?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 7, 2022
Hey guys, really hoping somebody can help me out here... I hope I have not lost my files. I have no idea what happened. But I'm going through my Picture folders and several photos from most of my files are not working. I don't know when this happened nor why! I have never experienced anything like this. :coldsweat: And I don't know where "DS_Store" came from. This seems to be in all the folders with corrupted photos? I hope there is a fix for this, I can't afford to lose all these old pics and files of mine.

error.png

error2.png

Ralston18

Titan
Any recent app updates for photography/image related apps?

Any other recent software installations for image related activities? Editing.....?

DS_Store appears to be Apple/MacIntosh related.

Are the followings link applicable?

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...macos-ds-store-files-for-copyright-violation/

https://appleinsider.com/articles/2...by-macos-dsstore-copyright-infringement-issue

You posted in Window 10. So I would expect to some extent you are using Windows 10.

However, you may have been misled or tricked into some software install not suited for viewing Mac photos via Windows 10.

Hopefully those old files and pics are still okay but simply not viewable via the app being used.

Stop trying to view the photos and work to make copies that are indeed viewable as usual. Backup those copies to someplace safe and verify that they are recoverable and viewable.

Then the next step will be to uninstall the problem app if and as applicable.

Nov 7, 2022
Any recent app updates for photography/image related apps?

Any other recent software installations for image related activities? Editing.....?

The only image-related updates Ive gone through is all the Adobe Suite updates. The images wont even open in Photoshop. I am on my Windows PC. Maybe I can put the files on a flashdrive and bring them to Mac and see if they work there?

PEnns

Reputable
Apr 25, 2020
There are 2 ways for handling this:

The default viewer for jpg photos in Windows is the Photos app. You can right click on any of those photos, select Properties and look where it says Open With and change it to Photos

Or, you can go with a much more powerful and useful free photos viewer like FastStone or IrfanView (that's the one I use, but I also use FastStone for the few that IrfanView can't handle)

Status
Not open for further replies.