Help Picking PC Gaming Headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

abosambool

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012
Hello,

I am planning on buying a new headset in the coming few days

I will use the headset for gaming; mainly MMORPGs and League of Legends and I want it to have good sound quality

Also, I want the headset to have a really good mic because I Skype call my mates 24/7. In addition I do commentaries and lives streams so I want the mic to be really good

One last thing, I want the headset to have either a USB cable, or wireless USB (anything that is not analog) and my price 100$

I have found these headsets for less than 100$

- Plantronics GameCom 780
- Creative Sound Blaster Tactic3D Wrath
- Creative Sound Blaster Tactic3D Rage
- Logitech G930
- Logitech G35

Which of these best suits my needs?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Comfort is important because I game for very long sessions

Chaos2Theory

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013
Personally, i have used the platronics, and the logitechs. However, if you truly want something that is more comfortable and has a better mic than most all those u mentioned, definitely go steelseries siberia v2. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002Q8IHEK That one comes with an external 7.1 virtual surround sound card which the analog headset plugs into. Therefore while it may seem analog, it connects to your computer with a usb if u like. Kinda the best of both worlds. Also that headset is the comfiest one i have ever owned. ;)

G930

http://truepcgaming.com/2013/02/08/logitech-g930-review/

While playing games, watching videos and even talking to TPG colleagues while walking around, the weight never became an issue. The cups fit nicely over each ear with no discomfort at all. .... The surround sound while playing titles such as: Hard Rest, Skyrim, Crysis 2 and Metro 2033 delivered a tremendous audio experience. The surround sound alone will immerse you with bullets flying past your ears to the softest of distant footsteps or enemy chatter. Watching sporting events and movies with native surround sound was also a feast for the ears.

audioranger

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
if your cap is around $100, it's worth throwing the corsair vengeance 2000 into the mix.

http://www.headset-ratings.com/corsair-vengeance-2000-wireless-7-1-gaming-headset/

what you have so far are some of the better wireless gaming models out there. The g930s cut out a bit more than the others i've found, and the tactic wrath is a pretty decent model.

i've owned the 3d Omegas for a while now (they're nearly identical) and have been pleased. the aesthetics aren't bad either :)

happy listening

octoberhungry

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012

So with these headphones do they work without having to plugin the USB soundcard? Reason I ask is I want to be able to use them by just plugging it into my 3.5 audio jack on my TV. Will that work too? My TV doesn't have USB input. I'll also be using them on my PC too. If I can use them on my TV and PC I think I'm sold. Cheers.

Chaos2Theory

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013

Yeah the headset itself is a 3.5mm jack, and then the usb sound card has 3.5mm jacks in it so the headset can be used in both 3.5 mm jacks and the usb.

Status
Not open for further replies.