help please my screen is blurry at 120hz

Solution
It seems silly that the 3D functionality would only be possible via DVI-DL. 3D requires 120hz I believe. I wonder would a 1.4b cable work?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
How long have you had the monitor for? Has it always done that or just recently?

How does it go with lower hz?

It is odd for a display to behave this way. Since you tried different PC's and dvi cables i'd point the finger at the monitor and need to rma it.

Check monitor menu options anything in there that could influence this. I doubt there is but look anyway before returning it.

wolfxeyes

Prominent
Oct 21, 2017

its kinda a really old monitor like 2011 or 2012 and i always played on it with 60hz becuase my old pc couldnt handle 120hz
but when i bought a new pc i tryed to put 120hz and then everything gets blurry

Neur0nauT

Admirable
You'll need a DVI-D dual link cable for 120hz. Or try using a Displayport cable. Test with the required cables before blaming a defective monitor or GPU!

url

wolfxeyes

Prominent
Oct 21, 2017

i am using a DVI D dual link cable and i tryed more than 1 cable

Neur0nauT

Admirable

Tried a Displayport cable?

Neur0nauT

Admirable
its kinda a really old monitor like 2011 or 2012 and i always played on it with 60hz becuase my old pc couldnt handle 120hz
but when i bought a new pc i tryed to put 120hz and then everything gets blurry

Is the monitor actually a 120Hz monitor? If not, then thats your problem.

*Edit* NM, I just checked....Are you sure your not running the monitor in 3D mode or something silly like that? You might want to make sure you are setting it to 120hz in 2D Mode.

wolfxeyes

Prominent
Oct 21, 2017

how can i check if i am on 2d mode or 3d mode?

wolfxeyes

Prominent
Oct 21, 2017

ok i checked both 2d mode and 3d mode and still everything gets blurry