Jun 21, 2023
hello all. I recently have purchased a msi 4090 gaming trio, and was able to install it made sure to use separate pcie cables for the adapter.. I went to boot up my pc and it turned on, all fans running , mobo rgb lights on, gpu fans spinning lights on, but no display. .. I also cannot shut off with power button on chasis, even though it will power everything on..

I have been using this pc with no issues for a little over a year (I built it myself). Now I have built a couple of pcs and ran into some minor issues and did some troubleshooting from past experiences.

-I reseated my ram
-made sure all my rams were fully in
-checked all cables were securely inserted
-tried different ports in gpu
-different display port cables
-cleared cmos
-bios flashbacks
-Unplugged and replugged everything in
-unplugged my periphals
-tried old gpu
-tried to connect to my mobo (even though I have an amd cpu)

And the same issues persist, the mobo is showing a code 00. The cpu, dram, vga and boot light indicators do not light up at all. Any one ever have this issue? What can the problem be?

Pc specs:
Cpu- Ryzen 9 5950x
Mobo- Asus Rog Strix x570 e gaming wifi II
Boot drive- 2tb Samsung pro nvme
Ram- oloy ddr4 32g
Cpu fan- nzxt kraken 240 mm
Psu- Gamdias Cyclops 1200 watt platinum

Please help not sure how to proceed at this point. This is a hobby and I don’t have any stores in close proximity I’m out in the middle of no where and just want to game with some beautiful graphics and frames. :(
Thank you in advance!!

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Do you have another graphics card to try? Something that isn't so big and doesn't sag. Try put something under the 4090 (rear corner) if it is sagging, just in case it's doing something to the motherboard. Code 00 means motherboard but probably not as straightforward as that. And the power cables to graphics card isn't touching side panel is it? If it is and there is pressure / bending, try open side panel until you can get an angled adapter.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2023
I have tried a different gpu in different slots on my mobo and still can’t get a display. I have also tried this with no panels on my pc, even went in and did some better cable management yet still having the same issue everything on .

Jun 21, 2023
I have tried a different gpu in different slots on my mobo and still can’t get a display. I have also tried this with no panels on my pc, even went in and did some better cable management yet still having the same issue everything on
So the system was working for about a year. What are the differences, just graphics card? Or has there been more done to it, ie shifted to another case, different psu, anything else that changed?
Just a new gpu.