HELP please!!!!

Hi,
I posted this on 4-28-04 and nobody responded :-(

I need to set the windows background to NONE so that
everbody has the blue background that is in windows 2000.

Where is that done in GPO?

thanks in advance
Steve

"Steve M" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> said

> Hi,
> I posted this on 4-28-04 and nobody responded :-(
>
> I need to set the windows background to NONE so that
> everbody has the blue background that is in windows 2000.
>
> Where is that done in GPO?

Set User Config\Admin Templates\Desktop\Active Desktop\Active Desktop
Wallpaper to Disabled and the "Prevent changing wallpaper" setting in User
Configuration\Administrative Templates\Control Panel to enabled.

Andy

I already have it disabled so that users cannot change the
backround but the people who had a modified backround
before implementing the policy is the ones I want to
change to the windows default blue usiing GPO

AFAIK you can't do it through any of the default GPO templates. You could
make your own, or just use the following in a .reg file

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]
"Wallpaper"=""

Then import the reg file using
"REGEDIT /S <regfilename>" in the users login script

Andy.