Help Please

G

Does anyone have (to share) or tell me where I can find a free "undelete program" for win98??? I just blew my wifes music files away and she`s gettin real pissy...
Please help !!!

G

I may be wrong, for your sake I hope I am but, uh, you may be out of luck. I'm pretty sure that the type of prog that your thinking of has to be running when you first delete the files.

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
That program usually comes with the brain (and its free of course), in yer wife's case, let her piss a lot, that helps to relax the stomach mussels, so she wont scream at ya.

hehehe...

its not too late yet... :smile:

G

Try using the DOS undelete command. If you deleted a lot of files and haven't saved or done much with the hard drive they should still be there. You will have to scroll through each file and provide a first letter to the name. I.E. if it was named "I_am_a_knucklehead_for_deleting_the_wifes_files.ulp"
you would be prompted
Undelete:
?_am_a_knucklehead_for_deleting_the_wifes_files.ulp
you type in: "I" and it goes to the next file. You have to use the undelete program from the directory you deleted the files in. You will probably have to copy it there from the C:\DOS directory or in the c:\windows directory.

I have Win NT4.0 running and I just looked in C:\Windows (no C:\DOS) and they have Axed the Undelete command. However, they were kind enough to replace it with "Recover", but you have to know the path and filename to all of the files you deleted.... Hmmmm... That could suck. Good luck

If you aren't running DOS you are just plain screwed. Leave it to Microsoft to get rid of the only good part of Windows.

-Wistful-wish-I-had-my-Commodore64-Duck

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by DuckDodger on 01/05/01 07:28 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

mpjesse

Splendid
Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but you might want to try a different board- this boards is dedicated to CPU chit chat. You'll also get a better response on the right board. Try www.download.com and do a search for "file recovery," there are plenty of programs available for that.

-MP Jesse

G

Ah,better get ready to be shafted by your wife then.
P.s Post the video of the outcome

TRENDING THREADS