Question Help plz

Feb 5, 2021
If your motherboard says rev:1. 1 what does that mean.
Can it support AMD ryzen 5000 series without needing to flash the bios or what.
I have a gigabyte b550 aorus pro ac motherboard and it says REV:1. 1

Ds_Tech

Great
Jan 25, 2021
Mostly all new motherboards manufactured recent date come with latest bios updated.
If not you can download latest bios from motherboard website.
Your mother B550 AORUS PRO AC (rev. 1.x) have qflash bios update.
So you can update bios without installing any cpu and then you can install latest ryzen cpu on it.
Bios needed will be f10 or later (non beta) will support ryzen 5000 series you can also check website.
Rev1.1 mean version model of motherboard if any changed needed company will make new motherboard with same name but have some extra feature or vrm, IC's etc (May be what I think of Rev nos.).

Reactions: Krotow

Ds_Tech

Great
Jan 25, 2021
As per website it is
Rated Voltage: DC 12V.
Operation Voltage: Fan DC12V /LED DC 5V
Staring Voltage: Fan DC 7V
Fan Speed: 800~1800 RPM±10%
Noise Level: 25Dba max:28Dba
Life time:30000 Hours
No.of Blades: 7 leaves
LED Light Bar: 8pcs

DRGB

The end of power supply is 3PIN. The sequence is +/D/↓ (some motherboards are shown +5V/D/↓, and the plug is like 4PIN but the 3rd PIN is empty). Please plug in the corresponding direction of motherboard, controller or the wire integrator for one to many. If choosing the motherboard as the power supply, the light effect can be synchronize with MB.

So you can connect it to either cpu or system fan connector but check rgb also has 3 pin dont mismatch it.

Feb 5, 2021
actually i haven't built the PC yet im still waiting for the GPU and CPU then im gonna build it. but im kinda having trouble and a little confusing with the fan connecters and the RGB connectors for the fans too

ChangeinPortland

Commendable
Sep 9, 2019
BTW, the revision number refers to the layout of the components on your board. If they move the actual PHYSICAL location of you NIC on the board for example or switch the BRAND of NIC being used on that same board, it would then be Revision 1.2, or 2.0 or something.

Feb 5, 2021
Also should i get the ryzen 5 5600X or should i wait more to see if they release the ryzen 5 5600 non X?

Also can i make a bios flash drive in another computer or a laptop than you know update the motherboard bios?

Last edited: