Discussion Help pricing computer

How old is the build? I'd like to say overall it's probably worth a good $500 at least if the original was for $900. What I would do is set the selling price to $600-$700 and then allow people to make a best offer/negotiate the price down.

Some parts are brand new some are nearly new.

The ssd, motherboard, cooler, case, and fans are brand new. The CPU and ram are used but not even a year old. The PSU is refurbished. GPU I dunno, bought it used a couple months ago. Probably a couple years old.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Selling a used computer as an individual where I am is a tough market and often isn't selling for the parts in it unless you are willing to take a chance selling as parts. In spite of that, it's a good looking build and should demolish 1080 and possible some decent 2K gaming.

Without knowing if it has Win10 key included....I would say ~$400 without, and $500+ish with, for this area. To sell it quickly possibly a bit less.

Understanding that it isn't every day you can pick something up like this for that price any time you want but as that price approaches the build new or buy from BBS people overlook it. When the price gets too good, people overlook it.
Of all my local selling experience the items that move the best for me are older office style 'refurb-esce' builds going for stupid cheap. Otherwise I have nearly had to give things away to get them to move unless parted, and even then at bargain basement price.

For a look into our local used market, check Ozbuilds on the Tube. He is in Atlanta.

Will have a W10 key.
Of all my local selling experience the items that move the best for me are older office style 'refurb-esce' builds going for stupid cheap.
I have found this. People will buy anything if it is cheap and looks the part.

https://ibb.co/6rCkvV1
This above is selling for $449, but realistically ill take $380-400 for it since I only have $250 into it.

I actually have a few of these that I am selling. They are basically Asus Essentio machines I bough a couple of and then turned gamery. The parts aren't all identical but they are "essentially"

i5 2320
12gb ram (had 4g, dropped 8 more in)
RX570
480gb ssd
case plus some fans
Whatever PSU was a good deal at the time and will fit the bill. Usually B-Stock EVGA.

That being said, it is hard to sell machines above this price I have experienced this myself.

I'll have to see what I can get for the machine. Hopefully I make more than $200 since I was offered $200 for the 1080 previously (Its a part I basically got for free from another flip)

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I have found this. People will buy anything if it is cheap and looks the part.

https://ibb.co/6rCkvV1
This above is selling for $449, but realistically ill take $380-400 for it since I only have $250 into it.

I actually have a few of these that I am selling. They are basically Asus Essentio machines I bough a couple of and then turned gamery.

Whatever PSU was a good deal at the time and will fit the bill. Usually B-Stock EVGA.

I have to say, and no offense intended, that was putting a pretty bow on that pig. I mean, seriously is a good looking build if you sort of fuzzy your eyes on the specs. I am not certain I could sell a 2nd gen machine local any more. The last machines I sold were 4th gen i5 SFF for sub $100 WITH an SSD. The last gaming machine I tried to sell was prior to (my catching on to) the RGB craze. First gen 'zen system that I pretty much gave to a friend for less than the collective of parts.

I will say that I have utilized quite a few of the super cheapo "white" EVGA 600W units, targeted at builds with sub 300W draw and they have mostly worked out well. I really miss the old Corsair 430 models with the green writing. Not one single failure.