Help! R9 270 isn't recognized by computer..now something really bad happened..

• Thread starter Deleted member 1681809
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1681809

So, I thought I did everything. (I probably did something wrong.) Inserted GPU into PCI slot, turned on computer, downloaded drivers, shut off computer, turned on computer again, went into BIOS, turned off Intel graphics, saved and rebooted computer, plugged in HDMI cable from monitor to GPU.

Nothing happened.
I switched the HDMI cable to monitor to computer.
Nothing happened.

My Samsung monitor just kept switching between Analog and HDMI outputs, both with a black screen. Now nothing's showing up in my computer.

Please help...

Solution

Sorry I can't see the image. I using my computer @work and there strict on internet policy :( Look up your MB online and on the manufacturers website they should have an image that shows were everything is but yes...

WildCard999

Titan
You didn't need to disable the Intel on-board graphics. Turn off PC, remove GPU, plug hdmi or vga into MB, turn pc on, go into BIOS and activate the Intel graphics, reboot, make sure system goes to desktop, turn off system, install GPU, plug hdmi back into GPU and Moniter, boot to desktop and reinstall drivers for gpu if needed. Try that and see if that helps.

D

Deleted member 1681809

I already tried plugging in HDMI and VGA. Didn't work. I was thinking of resetting CMOS. Is this the reset CMOS button? http://i.imgur.com/uitQs8b.gif

WildCard999

Titan

Sorry I can't see the image. I using my computer @work and there strict on internet policy :( Look up your MB online and on the manufacturers website they should have an image that shows were everything is but yes I would try to reset CMOS.

Solution
D

Deleted member 1681809

It's fine. I'll just take the battery out and reboot it (then put it back in of course). Hopefully it works!