• 4x G.Skill 8GB Aegis DDR4 3200MHz
  • Seasonic Focus 500W

I was thinking of upgrading to this

• ASRock Z790 Pro RS
  • I9-13900k
  • Gigabyte RTX 4080 Eagle 16GB
  • 2x16 Corsair Vengeance DDR5 4800MHz CL40
  • Seasopnic Focus Gold GX 1000W

At the moment i have 2 24" 1080p monitors (144hz and 165hz). Planning on changing one of the 24" monitors for a 27" 1440p monitor and also getting a 4k Oled TV for the room and will sometimes use it for gaming.

I play a bit of everything, mainly Arma 3 and now WoW but been playing other games like GoW, Uncharted and others. My current specs play everything fine, not at max settings but close but ive been noticing stutters and low FPS in certain games that i didn't notice before (don't know if im paying more attention to it now making it more noticeable or if its some component that might be starting to die)

What do you guys think of the upgrade? It comes close to 3000€. I was looking at a 3080TI but they are pretty much sold out in Portugal and the 4080 are either cheaper or at the same price

ive been noticing stutters
Sounds like the CPU is running out of steam.

The system you propose is awesome, it will certainly do what you want. I have the same PSU as well and have been quite happy with it. The only thing I would note is the 13900K is a hot and hungry CPU, you will need a beefy cooler to go with it, a 360mm or 420mm AIO would be my recommendation.

There's not really anything between the 13900K and 13700K in gaming as they both share the same number of P cores. Though I do understand it's nice to have the top chip.

The 7900X and 7950X are also excellent options.

Atm i have a Noctua NH-D15, i never tried AIOs and i don't know if my case can fit some of them properly, i have a Corsair 270R
The NH-D15 is about as good as your going to get on air cooling, you could build it and see how you get on. All these CPU's run pretty hot these days even if your buying AMD. You might want to look into undervolting, I've seen people get good results on 12 and 13th gen.

You case does support up to 360mm AIO's but I think that's in the front of case. That generally gives good results for the CPU but it negatively impacts the airflow to the GPU.

Atm i have a Noctua NH-D15, i never tried AIOs and i don't know if my case can fit some of them properly, i have a Corsair 270R
Certainly you could start with the NH-D15.
If you run a multithreaded app that can load load, the 13900K will eat it up, but it may get quite toasty.
For gaming, you will not be loading all the 32 threads.
only a few P cores will be running at max.
The ipc of 13th gen is some 15% better so the heat generated is not as much as for 12th gen.
If you need better, a 240 aio would be a side move.
To do better, you would need a 360 aio.