Help Required: Keyboard "behaviour" problem in "League of Legends"

iyo671

Honorable
Sep 17, 2013
Hey everyone,

Basically I am not sure if this is the correct forum to post in, however since the official forum - and the Riot Customer Support - were unable to help me , I thought about posting here.

I'll try and summarize the problem as clear as possible, however I apologize in advance should I not be able to do so, please ask a head should you lack information.

I used to have a rubber dome keyboard (Razer Arctosa) which I have just replaced with my very first mechanical keyboard (Ducky Shine 3 Year of the Snake, red switches) and ever since doing so, the following problem appeared.

The way my old keyboard - and keyboards in general - behaved in a league of legends game was the following:
Holding down the tab key would show the in-game scoreboard, releasing the tab key would make it disappear, easy and convenient.

The way it behaves on my new ducky:
Holding down the tab key makes the scoreboard appear, disappear and appear again in a rapid motion (similar like a flickering effect). Basically as if I would be spamming the tab key like a maniac a rapid input of appearing and disappearing.
Now I do not know why this is the case, however it does create a lot of problems when wanting to check the in-game statistics and itembuilds of my team mates / opponents.

I know that to some of you this might sound like it is not a big deal, however on a higher level of play every split second matters, and having to put more focus and attention to a "simple" task such as reading the scoreboard is quite frustrating (at least to me personally).

The same problem appears with the "smart casting" feature.
Smart casting basically means that you will shoot your "skill shot" in the direction of your mouse cursor without having to press the ability twice. Now there is an extra option to add to the smart casting feature called "smart cast range indicators", which behaves in the following sense:
Holding down the ability hotkey will show the range indicator for your skill similar to the style of where you have the smart casting "disabled" and once you release the hotkey, you will shoot it into the direction of your mouse cursor.
So instead of pressing twice, you would press and hold - aim - and then release once you want to shoot.
Everything worked out perfectly fine (the way described above) up until I changed from my Razer Arctosa to my Ducky Shine 3, and now if I want to smart cast, I will press the key which makes the range indicator appear and momentarily later the ability has been used without even releasing the key.

Overall the problem seems to be within the keyboard, the real question is "why would my new keyboard behave different than my old one even though I haven't changed any options within league of legends".

The problem itself seems to be that my keyboard is spamming input requests while holding down the key, which while "chatting" to someone on skype for example, would be perfectly fine.
Holding down a key while chatting would spam that latter in rapid motion, which is how keyboards always behaved for me, including my Razer Arctosa as well as my new Ducky Shine 3.

But why would the Arctosa behave the way it is meant to in League of Legends, while my new mechanical Ducky Shine 3 spams requests over and over resulting in flickering of the "scoreboard" / using abilities when they are not meant to be used based on the in-game options.

I have tried to solve this problem in-game by going through all of the options, however without success. Changing the input delay within the control panel did nothing for me either.

Overall I am clueless how to go on about this, the League of Legends community doesn't seem to be able to help either, while the customer support hasn't been able to solve this problem as of yet.

Apologies for the long text, however I wanted to be as informative as possible about this.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Kind regards,

Iyo

iyo671

Honorable
Sep 17, 2013
"Lighting aside, the Shine 3 also allows you to adjust repeat rate and repeat delay time, which relate to what happens when you hold down a key to get repeated keypresses, through shortcut keys on the keyboard itself. Note that all major operating systems let you adjust these settings, so only those who need to change them frequently will find this useful."

Problem solved, finally figured out why the keyboard "miss behaved", the stock settings were flawed and since I finally figured out that this feature exists, I was able to reset it to a normal speed, which fixes this "problem".
So if anyone else with a Ducky Shine 3 experiences this problem, hopefully this helps them.

T/C

hedgehogpie

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
Hi,

I'm getting e ducky shine 3 YOTS edition soon. I do have a question, since YOTS edition have an aluminum parts, doesnt it get you electrecuted or getting a jolt sometimes? I mean it's aluminum and it has some minor electricity under it. Try also to get your hands a little wet, or just some moisture if it gets you electrecuted if it does, plastic one does not gets you electrecuted.

mattplusnessj

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013

Has there been a fix for this? I read through the replies and it seems there is one but it wasn't mentioned what to do. I'm having the same problem and would like to use this beauty.

jonjonjon

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012

I was going to get a shine 3 and saw this. on the website it talks about repeat acceleration.
Ducky Shine 3 continues the Shine lineage and brings you several exciting new lighting modes and essential features for any gamer. USB N-Key rollover and repeat acceleration ensures you don’t miss a beat whatever the game you play.
try using the FN + F# keys to adjust the repeat acceleration. if that doesn't help try turning N-Key rollover off. if you change something you don't like you can always reset to factory defaults by holding both windows keys.
http://www.duckychannel.com.tw/en/PDF/Shine3_DK9008+DK9087_usermanual_v3_outline.pdf

Tiqo

Reputable
Jun 24, 2014
If you have the ducky shine 3 which i have, i have the fix for you that helped me. Press "FN+F5" and after that "FN+F1". That made the trick for me, so make sure F1 and F5 are glowing and youre good. :)