Help: Rx 560 black screen then restarts

Apr 9, 2018
I have a new gpu installed. From r7 250 to saphire pulse rx 560 4gb OC.

Rx 560 is 2nd hand so i did stress test with furmark with a max load 84°C at 110% fan speed for 10 mins to check if theres issues, luckily no issues found yet.

But when i tried to play pubg/dota, the screens go black/ no signal then restarts. I can still even hear the voice chat before it restarts.
Played Left4dead on max settings and didnt restart though.

I tried reinstalling the driver/clean uninstall using ddu. However problem still persist.

Im concluding that if the problem is my psu i wouldn't pass the stress test right? So the possibility problem was the gpu software or defective gpu?

Driver version is 18.3.1
Test tried simultaneously:
Furmark
Prime 95

Apr 9, 2018
Yes it happens again, i have found 2 errors. No critical error happened.
This was on windows log.
1. Service control manager
2. DistributedCOM
But they have 2 mins gap.

As i check the administrative log. I found a lot of error one is critical.
1. Kernel-power - system stopped responding, crashed or lost power unexpectedly.

Sorry for the down vote. Misclick.

I swap with different psu but still it black screen then restart.

Do bottle neck cause black screen too?

PuperHacker

Honorable

Surmising that your error code is 41 {63}, go to control panel and set the balanced power plan to High Performance. Also, disable Ethernet drivers going to power saving mode through Device Manager.

PuperHacker

Honorable

Generally, kernel error 41 points to power malfunctions. Update all your drivers. Also, if none of the solutions work, disable extra sound drivers you may have.

NOTE: The majority of people having this problem including me, noticed it after Fall Creators Update on win 10.