Question HELP!! Screen Tearing Glitch on Fullscreen only

Sep 12, 2023
So I bought a new Lenovo Idepad Gaming 3 laptop like 2 weeks ago. So I installed this two games which worked well when it was like only 3 days after ( Samurai Warriors 4 and Dead or Alive 5). The screen glitch is enormous and only when in full screen. Other games are completely fine like Gta 5, Forza 7, elden ring.

YES I HAVE resetted the laptop, updated drivers, limitted fps, vsync and so on. The 2 games worked fine in full screen when i tried it on my msi monitor

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Lenovo Idepad Gaming 3 laptop
Please pass on an SKU to your laptop.

YES I HAVE resetted the laptop
Reset the OS with no files deleted...?

Using your laptop's serial number, key it into Lenovo's support portal and see if you have any BIOS updates pending. Following that, make sure your OS is updated. You can also use DDU to remove all GPU drivers off of your laptop, then manually reinstall the latest driver from GPU maker's support page, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Lutfij

Titan

Using your laptop's serial number, key it into Lenovo's support portal and see if you have any BIOS updates pending. Following that, make sure your OS is updated. You can also use DDU to remove all GPU drivers off of your laptop, then manually reinstall the latest driver from GPU maker's support page, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Solution
Sep 12, 2023
That is not screen tearing.
More like digital signal compression artifacts.

Update graphics drivers.
Change ingame graphics quality settings. Reduce resolution and refresh rate.
fam i did that at least 6 times including reinstalling and removing them. nothing's fixed. like i said any other games are fine except doa5 and samurai warriors 4. and both of those games were completely fine the first 2 days. so idk what went wrong afterwards

Sep 12, 2023

dude holy cow ddu works!!! thanks

Sep 12, 2023

Ok so appearently the drivers are the issue bc the glithing existed everytime i downloaded two different drivers. You think the actual driver is the issue or the ones that came in express installations?

Sep 12, 2023
That is not screen tearing.
More like digital signal compression artifacts.

Update graphics drivers.
Change ingame graphics quality settings. Reduce resolution and refresh rate.
Ok so i unistalled them using ddu but so far only gpu only and not the intel arc ones. Furthermore, installing new drivers immediately bring the issues back. And yes cleaning then worked for a moment until new drivers are installed