Help: Screen Tinted a Darker Yellow/Orange

vva

Prominent
Dec 21, 2017
Screen gained a yellow tint after a driver upgrade.
Complete uninstall of drivers and reinstallation, installed old drivers--also yellow.
Colours correct when booting or with no drivers installed, sometimes briefly goes normal.
Sceen can be calibrated to show almost normally by dropping the red and green channels.
Everything still firmly connected.

I am using a Geforce GTX 1060 6GB model that is roughly a year old.

vva

Prominent
Dec 21, 2017

I'm using a HDMI-DVI-D cable, as my monitor only has an attachment for DVI-D.

I have no other avaliable cables.

Mark RM

Admirable
It's very odd the old driver didn't fix the problem unless it was just coincidental.

Did you try using DDU for a super clean install and installing the old driver from scratch? Or did you just use the gforce uninstall?

vva

Prominent
Dec 21, 2017

I have used DDU to uninstall each driver and the problem still remained no matter what version was installed.

To elaborate, it wasn't immediate either: It was some time later that my screen's colors suddenly went off.

vva

Prominent
Dec 21, 2017

I wish I had that option, but the only other computers I have avaliable as of now are laptops.

vva

Prominent
Dec 21, 2017

Plugging it into a laptop resulted in normal colors.

vva

Prominent
Dec 21, 2017

If it's a GPU fault, wouldn't it carry over when there are no drivers installed, or before windows load? For added confusion, my cursor is not tinted at all.

I don't have a spare cable, unfortunately.

vva

Prominent
Dec 21, 2017

If I can obtain a cord with the correct outputs I'll try this, though it still seems weird that the color is totally fine until I install drivers or load windows fully.

vva

Prominent
Dec 21, 2017

I guess I'll try and see if I can get a DVI cord.

vva

Prominent
Dec 21, 2017
Update: Things have gotten even more confusing. Today when I started my computer, colors were completely normal until I opened the start menu to check what was going on with color calibration.