Question Help to determine if CPU is dead ?

Od86x

Reputable
Jan 5, 2020
Hi guys .. I have a problem..
Last August I build a new PC..

I7 10700k
Rtx 3070
Asus Z590-P Lga 1200 Motherboard
16 g Ram

It was working fine .. but suddenly yesterday I turn on my PC and it did start up but no monitor wake up and there's is no starting beep from system ..
Now .. does that mean CPU is dead if there's no beep sound and black screen .. ?
Or what else it can be .. ?

Inside the PC case RBG lights and fans are ON when PC running but its doing nothing ..Black screen and that's it...
Please advise me what to do & what to check before I contact online store for replacement ??

Now .. does that mean CPU is dead if there's no beep sound and black screen .. ?
Nope. It means somethings not working, but it could be any component at fault.
Please advise me what to do & what to check before I contact online store for replacement ??
You need to find out which component failed (unless that would be prebuilt system). Now, I don't suppose you have replacement parts, so that limits your options. The first thing to do is remove graphic card and connect monitor(s) to motherboard, then check if the system will start.

Od86x

Reputable
Jan 5, 2020
Sorry for delaying..
I cleared CMOS by removing battery and shortened contacts ..as manual says ..
Still same nothing .. Monitor won't turn on.. and no beep sound..
I dont know what it can be ???

Od86x

Reputable
Jan 5, 2020
I assuming it at least should beeping if anything wrong ..but its doing nothing... no sound ..at start up by pressing power button...
Before was everytime ...

Od86x

Reputable
Jan 5, 2020
And I removed GPU still no luck..same ..
That's why I thinking... my PC are without sound and no monitor wake up ..and Reset button doesn't do anything ...
Should I get and measure temp at my CPU if its working...?

falcon291

Honorable
Jul 17, 2019
It is the RAM (unlikely) or your mainboard then.

I would then try RAM using in different configurations. Try the same single RAM in A1, if it does not run then probably there is something wrong in A1, and try the other RAM in A2, if it doesn't run then that RAM is faulty.

falcon291

Honorable
Jul 17, 2019
Ok, So the current working theory is that 4th slot is not working. Put your sticks in 2nd and 3rd slot, and assuming system starts check in Windows Task Manager if it correctly sees all 16 Gb RAM. If it does, try only one stick in 4th slot - and if I'm correct it will fail.
You should try 1 and 3. So the RAM can run in double channel. 2 and 3rd slot cannot run double channel.

Od86x

Reputable
Jan 5, 2020
Hmm wow .. its working ..all ..
I tried first 4th slot ..and my PC booted as usual..
Then I installed my GPU and back my memory in original slots and my PC worked as it should...
Must be disconnected some how..
And guys I forgot to tell you couple days ago I repositioned my PC to other corner of the roome ...
Didn't think that that could be a problem...
Thank you guys so much for help..!!!
Thank God we have THG forum !
I let you know if something will change..
Thank you again guys !!!