[SOLVED] Help troubleshooting my PC

pastify

Commendable
May 3, 2017
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nTVdgw This link contains the current parts that my PC has

Well the computer doesnt turn on. It started a few months ago in which the computer would randomly lose visual, like i could be watching a video and i could hear what they were saying but coulndt see it, the fix was to restar the pc manually by holding down the power button, this happened less than five times and in time intervals which made think that it was overheating.

Then at the beggining of last week, it happened again and i did as before, but this time the computer wouldnt even turn on, no startup nothing. Even the case light that indicates that the computer is on, wasnt lighting on.

The case fans were working, but i dindt see that the cpu fan was moving, nor the gpu fan( for the gpu it almost never spinned unless it was under heavy load). Also, near where the ssd is, which is underneath the gpu, it made a sound as like a disc scratching.

As of attempts for diagnosing the PC Ive done the following:

I waited a few minutes and tried to power it up again and it still didnt light on. A friend told me to do the pin connector test of the power supply, but I havent done it, for I think that the problem isnt the power supply because the case fans turn on.

Havent got time to take apart the PC because ive been too busy with schoolwork and havent touched the PC since this incident happened.

Havent opened the PC yet because I am scared of what will happen, i dont want to mess it up more.

Solution
Like that bench it:Troubleshooting, remove/disconnect the RAMs, GPU, and boot device, clear the CMOS, after that boot the pc, if you get the same result, the pc does not turn on. I will say you need new MB or RMA the MB.

pastify

Commendable
May 3, 2017

I tested the psu as in the video and it worked. Then what i did is i connected it to only the MOBO( the MOBO is stilll inside the case, havent seen the second link cause Ive been busy with school) and the PC woulndt turn on at all.

Is it safe to say that the MOBO needs replacing?

Like that bench it:Troubleshooting, remove/disconnect the RAMs, GPU, and boot device, clear the CMOS, after that boot the pc, if you get the same result, the pc does not turn on. I will say you need new MB or RMA the MB.

Solution