Help updating to Win 10 Version 1803

friendlyzombie

Honorable
Nov 14, 2013
After many failures trying to update my Windows 10 to Version 1803, I'd like to try using the "Media Creation Tool. When I start that process, it looks like I'm installing the original version of Windows 10 instead of Version 1803. Can you help? Thank You!

Thanks for both of your replies. Both of my attempts using the Media Creation Tool failed so I'm wondering if my laptop is too old for the "Creators Update. Here's the information about my computer if you're willing to advise me one more time.

Acer Aspire 5742
Windows 10 Pro
Intel Core i3 - 253 GHz
Ram: 4.0 GB
64 Bit
909 GB storage.

Thank You!

Solution
The acer has no windows 10 drivers but as you updating it, that shouldn't effect anything

Go to page you got media creation tool and click 1st link which says Update now, That will download the upgrade assistant which once run will upgrade installed version to 1803. The process is exactly like the initial install as you are replacing an older version of win 10 with a new one. Only difference is you don't need to choose a drive to install too.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10

luckymatt42

Upstanding
May 23, 2018
The tool should put you on the most recent version of Windows...to make sure I guess you can go download the MCT today. But during the installation there's really nothing that tells you you're installing 1803 or whatever. So unless you see something that specifically refers to an older version, you're getting the latest.

Colif

Win 11 Master
The acer has no windows 10 drivers but as you updating it, that shouldn't effect anything

Go to page you got media creation tool and click 1st link which says Update now, That will download the upgrade assistant which once run will upgrade installed version to 1803. The process is exactly like the initial install as you are replacing an older version of win 10 with a new one. Only difference is you don't need to choose a drive to install too.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10

Solution