[SOLVED] Help, upgrading from integrated graphics to dedicated.

Dec 15, 2019
I'm not very experienced when it comes to computer hardware and GPU's etc. I'm trying to add a GPU to my desktop and don't know how to go about it. I have an HP Envy 750-514:

Processor - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz, 3001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
RAM - 12GB
Motherboard - HP 82F1 1.01

I'm running on 1600x900 resolution but plan to go to 1080p in the future, no plans on going above that though.

I'm really only doing this because of the release of Halo: the master chief collection on PC, I'm really only looking to run that decently, I'm not looking for ultra graphics. After some research, I think I'm looking for a 4GB GPU but don't really know what's best. I'm not looking to break the bank, I'm trying to spend less than $200, preferably around $140. I'm mostly looking for the recommended GPU's and where to get it from.

I found 2 on the BestBuy website that seemed to be decent but they also seem to good to be true price-wise.

- XFX AMD Radeon RX 560 4GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card. selling for $130
-XFX RS AMD Radeon RX 570 XXX Edition 8GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card. selling for $160

It seems too good to be true for an 8GB GPU selling for $160. Are these GPU's good? and if not, whats a recommendation.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Solution
With it being a basic power supply from HP, I wouldnt trust it. Aslong as the Motherboard has the nomal, regular sized pin headers for power, look into a 500-600W corsair or EVGA PSU to make sure youre feeding the system and the GPU enough clean power.

Randi Poling

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2014
With it being a basic power supply from HP, I wouldnt trust it. Aslong as the Motherboard has the nomal, regular sized pin headers for power, look into a 500-600W corsair or EVGA PSU to make sure youre feeding the system and the GPU enough clean power.

Solution