[SOLVED] Help upgrading my pc on a budget ;-)

mdl350

Honorable
Dec 27, 2016
Hello I am after some advice my current pc is a low end build i did some years back now and has been great but i have been offered some componets to up grade it cheap but not sure if i will get much out of this i am after some advive my current system has this set up its an amd x4 860k with small over clock patroit viper 8gb ddr3 ram and AMD Radeon HD 7950 3GB grahics card and two ssd hard drives which we use for gaming i have been offered cheap an i3 6100 processor and motherboard with crucial 8gb ddr4 2133mhz ram would this work with my grahics card for now and then upgrade the graphics card when funds permit or am i wasting my time with this? Thanks in advice for any advice.

Solution
Ok thanks punkncat I have windows 10 on my system and have licence key so no problems doing new install what would you say is a fair price for this setup ?

When you reinstall Windows 10 do it from a usb thumb drive using media creation tool. It will prevent many head aches.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
The 6100 and the DDR4 already make it a really enticing upgrade. I "think" the GPU will work? Might wait to see what others say on that aspect.

I would ask, according to price, whether Win 10 is included/still tied to the mobo. You will certainly need to reinstall Windows for this upgrade.