[Help]Winword.exe - Application Error

Alex Simms

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2013
Hello,

I recently tried moving my desktop folder to my second drive not the default OS drive and now i cannot open my world files i had saved before. This message pops up:
This application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application.
and i dont know what to do.

Please help

p.s I am using word 2010

-Simmseh

You may perform a clean boot to verify if any third party application services or startup item is causing this issue. To perform a clean boot we will have to run System Configuration Utility.
To perform clean boot, follow the steps:
1. Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
2. On the General tab, click Selective Startup.
3. Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.
4. Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.
5. Click Apply and OK.
6. When you are prompted, click Restart.
7. After the computer starts verify whether you can download files.

If your issue is resolved after performing Clean Boot, then follow the steps mentioned in the following KB article to narrow down the exact source:
How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista
Also, see the section on how to return your computer to a Normal startup mode by following the steps under “Reset the computer to start as usual”.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Alex Simms

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2013
Thanks but this didnt fix it :/

ElementNo28

Commendable
Apr 10, 2016

Hey, found ya nigggggggguh!!

TRENDING THREADS