Question Help with 0x0000003b BSOD ?

turret

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
I've been getting this BSOD every once in awhile as I game, its not common, nor rare but its been happening enough..
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b (0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff8006bdff1a2, 0xffffdf8005f52920, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\062822-8984-01.dmp. Report Id: 42a2e90e-26a2-4e60-858e-4120475f40f6.
Heres the .dmp: https://www.dropbox.com/t/cd8DI3tnXAlDU8Hh

I can't find any viruses or other malware.

access violation running discord
pointers looked valid kernel pointers
context switch had access violation.
one old driver wdcsam64.sys (remove camera software if not used)

if I were to guess I would think that your bluestacks software is causing problems. (no proof) after many rounds of sleep/wake of your computer.

I would expect you can avoid the bugcheck by rebooting your machine every day or so.

something is wrong with your microsoft virus scanner

to actually find the problem you would have to run verifier.exe testing and remove drivers that fail.

you would also want to change the dump type to kernel so the problem could be traced.

turret

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
Okay well I tried running verifier.exe and ended up not being able to turn my computer back on. Just now did a system restore from automatic repair and was finally able to boot up to windows again.

Okay well I tried running verifier.exe and ended up not being able to turn my computer back on. Just now did a system restore from automatic repair and was finally able to boot up to windows again.
how did you invoke verifier.exe?
something like
verifier.exe /standard /all /bootmode oneboot

then add /driver.exclude DriverList
as you find drivers that fail verifier testing.

turret

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
Here's a new dump... I forgot to shut down my computer last night when I went to bed and it seemed to of BSOD'ed while I was sleeping. Nothing was running as far as I remember
https://www.dropbox.com/t/AnrWLKGUG5OGrqmw

I ran verifier.exe and clicked on create standard settings, then automatically select all drivers installed on computer to verify.
https://puu.sh/J9j5r/773818d509.png
I'm not sure what you mean with the / commands? Sorry I am a bit ignorant.. but yeah, when I tried to run it the other day it wouldnt let me boot up my computer all the way so I had to system restore

Here's a new dump... I forgot to shut down my computer last night when I went to bed and it seemed to of BSOD'ed while I was sleeping. Nothing was running as far as I remember
https://www.dropbox.com/t/AnrWLKGUG5OGrqmw

I ran verifier.exe and clicked on create standard settings, then automatically select all drivers installed on computer to verify.
https://puu.sh/J9j5r/773818d509.png
I'm not sure what you mean with the / commands? Sorry I am a bit ignorant.. but yeah, when I tried to run it the other day it wouldnt let me boot up my computer all the way so I had to system restore
if you just run verifier.exe you get the graphics interface and can select options.
if you run verifier.exe and put command line options then the interface does not come up and the options just take effect.
for example run
verifier.exe /standard /all /driver.exclude vgk.sys
this would start verifier but exclude testing the riot games driver that verifier found bugs on the previous runs.
running
verifier.exe /standard /all /bootmode oneboot
would run verifier with the standard flags but will turn it back off after the next verifier error being detected.
(so you do not have to go into safe mode and run verifier.exe /reset )

if you bugcheck at boot, you would boot into safe mode and run
verifier.exe /reset
to turn off verifier so you can boot fully.

you should change the memory dump type to kernel and provide c:\windows\memory.dmp file which will have much more debugging data.

-----------
last bugcheck something wrote
33333333`33333333
on the process OVRServer_x64.
data.
this is part of the Oculus runtime.
I would estimate that about 80% of the time, I find that the program corrupts its own data. The rest of the time some other driver does the corruption.

I would be looking at the following drivers but would look at this one andappsvc64.sys first. Just because I have not seen it before.

you can remove software one by one, or you can run verifier on each driver one by one until you get a bugcheck.
if one driver is corrupting anothers drivers data then verifier testing will be required to prove the corruption. Verifier will cause a bugcheck at the time of corruption rather than the system bugchecking when the corrupted code it run.
when verifier finds the corruption it names the driver that did the corruption. You have to run this thru many cycles of bugchecks until you find the actual corruption cause. many 3rd party drivers will fail verifier testing in different ways so the process can be painful and take a long time.

your suspect drivers would be:
-bluestacks app and various drivers
- old webcam driver:
wdcsam64.sys Fri Oct 9 13:31:13 2015
- oculus drivers
Oculus_ViGEmBus.sys Wed Aug 2 16:42:02 2017
- vpn software:
Neo6_x64_VPN.sys Sun Feb 4 23:34:13 2018
- old logitech drivers:
LGBusEnum.sys Mon Jun 13 11:47:08 2016
(plus 4 other lg drivers)
and
andappsvc64.sys Wed Mar 3 23:05:25 2021

looks like you have already removed the vgk.sys driver.

-----------
edit:
you could also just use autoruns64 and disable this driver:
andappsvc64.sys
and see if your problem is resolved.

Last edited:

turret

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
Whenever I try to run verifier it'll want me to reboot and when I do my monitor just goes black and stays that way forever. Waited at least an hour until I tried to reboot and select a system restore point. Not sure how long it's supposed to take but yeah.. I have to do the whole "hold down power button when windows trys to load" to force my pc into pc recovery mode to even try and safe boot or system restore or anything. Also have heard/read about the possible dangers of running verifier.exe on win10 so its kinda scary to think about to.

Also how do I change the dmp to kernel to make it easier?
Btw the andapp thing is probably the Japanese game app program I use for granblue fantasy on pc. It'd just a small game I play time to time that's in jp and en

(Edit, I found out how to change it to a kernel dump, through a quick google, im guessing I gotta wait until the next BSOD to post it though(?)

Last edited:
verifier should turn off automatically after 3 boot failures.
do you find a new memory dump after you boot and get a blank screen then recover?

can you actually get into safe mode on a normal boot up?

you could also run the verifier interface and just select one suspect driver and test just that driver.

some systems boot very fast and the timing window to get into safe mode is very short. Sometimes you can go into bios and disable what ever fastboot options that are enable. just to make the boot process slower so you can get into safe mode.

what kind of keyboard are you using ? radio ? usb? if usb how is it connected ? usb 3? or usb 2.x. you will have best results with a wired usb connected to a usb port that connects to a main hub.
(depending on the age of the motherboard, connect to usb 2.x rather than usb 3.x)

here is info on running verifier
Enable and Disable Driver Verifier in Windows 10 | Tutorials (tenforums.com)
when you get to the option to troubleshoot you should be select the advanced option, then select command prompt.
when the screen comes up you would run
verifier.exe /reset
to turn off verifier then reboot the system and it should reboot normally.
you would not want to select the option to reset the pc. (unless the command prompt would not come up.

Last edited:

turret

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
verifier should turn off automatically after 3 boot failures.
do you find a new memory dump after you boot and get a blank screen then recover?

can you actually get into safe mode on a normal boot up?

you could also run the verifier interface and just select one suspect driver and test just that driver.

some systems boot very fast and the timing window to get into safe mode is very short. Sometimes you can go into bios and disable what ever fastboot options that are enable. just to make the boot process slower so you can get into safe mode.

what kind of keyboard are you using ? radio ? usb? if usb how is it connected ? usb 3? or usb 2.x. you will have best results with a wired usb connected to a usb port that connects to a main hub.
(depending on the age of the motherboard, connect to usb 2.x rather than usb 3.x)

here is info on running verifier
Enable and Disable Driver Verifier in Windows 10 | Tutorials (tenforums.com)
when you get to the option to troubleshoot you should be select the advanced option, then select command prompt.
when the screen comes up you would run
verifier.exe /reset
to turn off verifier then reboot the system and it should reboot normally.
you would not want to select the option to reset the pc. (unless the command prompt would not come up.
No theres no new memory dump after I get it to boot back up again, and also no I cannot get into safe mode at all after verifier. Basically the process keeps going like this:
When I try verifier with command prompts you suggested, it wants to reboot my computer so I do so. After that I see my bios splash screen as usual (thats normal at least), but after that my monitor is all black, like its literally showing nothing on screen. I waited for about 2 hours the first time I did it and around an hour with your command prompts you told me today.
My computer does boot up to windows pretty quickly, but I didn't see an option to turn off fast boot unless I missed it.
It literally have to do a system restore to get back to windows to. Cause when I tried to turn off verifier on the system recovery from advanced options it would boot up windows, then get to my login screen and when I input my pin to logback into my desktop, it just gets stuck in loading forever.
\
Also yeah my keyboard is USB 2.x, I have a few 3.0 ports on the back and front.But I'm pretty sure my keyboards input is 2

No theres no new memory dump after I get it to boot back up again, and also no I cannot get into safe mode at all after verifier. Basically the process keeps going like this:
When I try verifier with command prompts you suggested, it wants to reboot my computer so I do so. After that I see my bios splash screen as usual (thats normal at least), but after that my monitor is all black, like its literally showing nothing on screen. I waited for about 2 hours the first time I did it and around an hour with your command prompts you told me today.
My computer does boot up to windows pretty quickly, but I didn't see an option to turn off fast boot unless I missed it.
It literally have to do a system restore to get back to windows to. Cause when I tried to turn off verifier on the system recovery from advanced options it would boot up windows, then get to my login screen and when I input my pin to logback into my desktop, it just gets stuck in loading forever.
\
Also yeah my keyboard is USB 2.x, I have a few 3.0 ports on the back and front.But I'm pretty sure my keyboards input is 2
can you get into safe mode without having verifier running?
maybe your game driver is doing something with the video and verifier attempts to bugcheck before the video comes up. if that is the case you should still get a memory dump.
if i could not use verifier I would use autoruns and disable suspect drivers one at a time. IE disable a driver reboot and run until you bugcheck. if you still bugcheck this most likely it was not that driver causing the problem.
it is a slow way of finding the problem.
use autoruns64 and disable andappsvc64.sys driver first reboot and see if you still bugcheck. (you will not be able to play what ever game installs it)

I guess you could run verifier and only enable special pool tracking. I would guess you don't want to run verifier any more.

turret

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
can you get into safe mode without having verifier running?
maybe your game driver is doing something with the video and verifier attempts to bugcheck before the video comes up. if that is the case you should still get a memory dump.
if i could not use verifier I would use autoruns and disable suspect drivers one at a time. IE disable a driver reboot and run until you bugcheck. if you still bugcheck this most likely it was not that driver causing the problem.
it is a slow way of finding the problem.
use autoruns64 and disable andappsvc64.sys driver first reboot and see if you still bugcheck. (you will not be able to play what ever game installs it)

I guess you could run verifier and only enable special pool tracking. I would guess you don't want to run verifier any more.

Yeah I can get into safe mode without running verifier.
Where or how do you get/run Autoruns? Narrowing this down is getting to be a headache, I uninstalled some more things and updated some of my drivers today.
Run one driver at a time and see if it bsods with autoruns or verifier.exe? I don't mind trying verifier if I can get it to show results .
Also sorry for the headache to you to, i appreciate you helping me

Also will run memtest tonight when I go to sleep here shortly as per kerberos suggestion

I also disabled the Oculus Virtual Audio Device in device manager because I saw in my event viewer i was getting TONS of these error messages. I barely use the thing anyways.
"Session "OculusVadApoEventTrace" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035"

Well I got a memtest failure
https://www.dropbox.com/t/gRoh47nOquT0bSUC
I really don't know what it means or what to do about it to fix it or if I need to buy new ramsticks or a cpu? ? ? x.x Could this be the bsod issue though or not?
it means you ram overclock isnt working right (3000 sticks running at 3467), and yes thats also why youre getting BSODs

well tbh, running system with unstable ram can also currupt your data on drives, so make sure once your memtest passes that you do sfc and dism integrity checks

turret

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
it means you ram overclock isnt working right (3000 sticks running at 3467), and yes thats also why youre getting BSODs

well tbh, running system with unstable ram can also currupt your data on drives, so make sure once your memtest passes that you do sfc and dism integrity checks
I never put over clock on so I don't know how to u-overclock it if it is somehow overclocked? Sfc and dism checks also new to me..

Have a new dmp to...
https://www.dropbox.com/t/CNQMV67DssDTQmvw
And a new memtest:
https://www.dropbox.com/t/00XMg8zU1N6dbRr0

Edit: I went into my bios and noticed that my ddr ram frequency was at as you said, 3466. And a setting called "we game try it" was turned on underneath ram settings.
I turned the game try it thing off and the ddr frequency turned itself to auto @ 2433. I also updated my bios cause they were way out of date.

Last edited:

turret

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
Is XMP in bios also? I don't usually mess around in bios to often, hence why I never even noticed it so high. Are you saying to turn xmp on, or leave the thing on auto like it set itself at when I disabled the "we game try it!" junk?
I'll do another memtest tonight when I goto sleep and hope for the best.