[SOLVED] help with a home system

Mar 21, 2019
I trying to decide between 2 systems for basic light video/picture editing and general use. Not planning on using it for pc gaming.

1: 8th gen i7 with Intel UHD Graphics 630

2: 8th gen i5 with NVIDIA GTX GeForce 1050 GDDR5 4GB

Thanks for help.

Solution
Its not an easy decision! Do you think that you might overclock? You'll need a Z series motherboard if you decide to overclock, and this adds to the expense. First I would recommend that you have at least 16GB of RAM. I would prefer an i7 or an overclocked i5, though that's not to say that you would be hindered by a non-overclockable i5. The GTX 1050 is tremendously better than the Intel 630 graphics, yet since you say "I just don't want to buy something under powered and regret it," I would lean toward a GTX 1050ti or GTX 1060 for some future proofing. You may want to just get a CPU now and see how everything runs. You can always add a GPU later. You really can't make a bad decision. Even a non-overclockable i5 will give you an...
Mar 21, 2019
Thanks for all the help...I am assuming that the both processors are powerful enough to handle light Video editing and the better graphics card is the way to go.

Mar 21, 2019
Something light....I have been using Light House....Just gopro/family stuff. Nothing big. I just don't want to buy something under powered and regret it.

Its not an easy decision! Do you think that you might overclock? You'll need a Z series motherboard if you decide to overclock, and this adds to the expense. First I would recommend that you have at least 16GB of RAM. I would prefer an i7 or an overclocked i5, though that's not to say that you would be hindered by a non-overclockable i5. The GTX 1050 is tremendously better than the Intel 630 graphics, yet since you say "I just don't want to buy something under powered and regret it," I would lean toward a GTX 1050ti or GTX 1060 for some future proofing. You may want to just get a CPU now and see how everything runs. You can always add a GPU later. You really can't make a bad decision. Even a non-overclockable i5 will give you an excellent experience. If budget is a concern, I would probably go with 16GB of RAM, a non-K i5, a decent non-Z motherboard, and no GPU for the time being.

Solution