Help with a Optiplex 780 SFF

cdysigh

Prominent
Nov 25, 2017
I am planning to upgrade my Optiplex 780 SFF with a ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050.
I have upgraded the system with EVGA GeForce GT 610 graphics card, (when I got the computer there was no ram), so it has 2x2gb sticks, and Intel core 2 quad Q8300. Would I need to upgrade the 230w power supply? Also should I upgrade the processor?

Thanks in advanced, Cdysigh

Solution
I came across a possible PSU upgrade. The old XPS210, and Dimension 9200c both were SFF and both came with 130W Pentium Ds. They had an SFF 275W PSU. You will need an SATA splitter cable because they only have one SATA, and one 4PIN Molex. Be careful there are older ones with no SATA cables at all and maybe even 20 pin ATX. Buy from a seller that specifies which connectors it has. 24 pin MB, 4 pin CPU, at least 1 SATA, and a Molex and/ or Floppy cable.
I came across a possible PSU upgrade. The old XPS210, and Dimension 9200c both were SFF and both came with 130W Pentium Ds. They had an SFF 275W PSU. You will need an SATA splitter cable because they only have one SATA, and one 4PIN Molex. Be careful there are older ones with no SATA cables at all and maybe even 20 pin ATX. Buy from a seller that specifies which connectors it has. 24 pin MB, 4 pin CPU, at least 1 SATA, and a Molex and/ or Floppy cable.

Solution