[SOLVED] Help with a script

May 8, 2021
Can you tell me what this script means?
=INDEX(AA14:AA20,AA24+1,1)

Where can I find the indexing?

Also, If Google sheets can be unhidden if I am the "new owner" with a copy, and there appears to be no hidden sheets, why is it that when I "add a new sheet," it adds "SHEET 10" when there only appears to be 3 actual sheets??? I am not only trying to unlock a script but trying to create something of my own with the same format.

Please and thank you!

kanewolf

Titan
This is more helpful than you think! Thank you for not sending me to a youtube video or something!

What about the hidden sheets? Why does the sheet add "sheet #10" when there are only 3?
It may be because there were 4, 5, 6, 7, etc and they have been deleted. You could test that by adding and deleting "sheet 10" and see if the next one is "sheet 11" .

Reactions: roku7ichi
D

Deleted member 14196

How about you create a new workbook and add the sheet you want to it that way when you add sheets they were increment properly

May 8, 2021
It was exactly as the previous poster stated. There just aren't any hidden sheets. So, even if it was deleted, I guess google holds the data that sheets were deleted. I was just insanely curious because I thought there were hidden scripts on sheets elsewhere, but I know Google sheets cannot retrieve information from a different workbook. At least I haven't discovered that they do.

I was trying to figure out the script earlier, but that +1 in the script was throwing me off!!! I have not taken script courses but I enjoy figuring them out on my own, which was why that first response helped me fast!

There was a hidden script with a sum! lol! BINGO! I thought that was brilliant. An additional feature on top of indexing and conditional formatting. :)

I was stumped and after 2 google videos I found this forum. Thank you so much! Totally bookmarking this site and look forward to learning more!