Question Help with adapters for case USB ports

Oct 20, 2022
I'm finally putting everything together on PCpartpicker and ran into the following warning notifications:

Note: A USB 2.0 to USB 3.2 Gen 1 header adapter is required.

Note: A USB 3.2 Gen 2 to USB 3.2 Gen 1 header adapter is required.

You can see where the errors occur here:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZsjQgb

Can someone please link me to the adapters I will need for this case to fully function? I would really appreciate it. I tried looking it up on Amazon and didn't find anything that mentioned USB 3.2 Gen 1, only USB 3.0.

Oct 20, 2022
Just checked, it seems that your motherboard has 2 x USB 2.0 header.

Your Corsair iCUE should come with the USB 2.0 cables.
I could be mistake, but I'm pretty sure the issue is with not having enough connections from my mobo to the USB ports on the top of the case and so I need some adapters to power those.

I could be mistake, but I'm pretty sure the issue is with not having enough connections from my mobo to the USB ports on the top of the case and so I need some adapters to power those.

One USB 2.0 header can support 2 x USB ports.

With 2 x USB 2.0 headers you have 4 x USB ports.

What you need is an Y cable (splitter cable), please check your product details, it might have been included in the package as well.

Reactions: HungryHamster
Oct 20, 2022
BTW how many USB ports do you need?
Honestly, I'm not sure. If possible, I would like to be able to use all of the ones on the case - (1x) USB 3.1 Type C, (4x) USB 3.0
I'm not sure what other things take up USB ports. Probably the AIO and the commander core XT controller that comes with the case?
I'll order some extra Y splitters and hope that will allow me to use all the case USB ports.

Honestly, I'm not sure. If possible, I would like to be able to use all of the ones on the case - (1x) USB 3.1 Type C, (4x) USB 3.0
I'm not sure what other things take up USB ports. Probably the AIO and the commander core XT controller that comes with the case?
I'll order some extra Y splitters and hope that will allow me to use all the case USB ports.

You need 1 x USB port for the AIO and 1 x USB port for the commander core, so for your Corsair you only need 2 x USB ports.

With the Y cable that comes with the package, only one USB header on the motherboard is needed (do not confuse USB header with USB port, one USB header = 2 x USB ports).

Reactions: HungryHamster
Oct 20, 2022
You need 1 x USB port for the AIO and 1 x USB port for the commander core, so for your Corsair you only need 2 x USB ports.

With the Y cable that comes with the package, only one USB header on the motherboard is needed (do not confuse USB header with USB port, one USB header = 2 x USB ports).

So do I still need the adapter cables that PCpartpicker is warning me about?