Help With Asus P5KC

TurtleTom100

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
Hello everybody
just a quick question i have currently got an asus p5kc motherboard which i am told needs a new bios chip, i have found somewhere, where i can purchase these but how do i go around installing these into the motherboard and how do i flash with latest firmware.
Would be really appreciated if anyone couldd hel p me with this as this is a problem at the moment
Cheers
Tom

Hi Tom,

Why do u think that u need a new bios chip?

.. i have found somewhere, where i can purchase these.
Can they help u with it? Since they provide them?

TurtleTom100

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
hey there, the reason i say it is the bios chip is because that was loose from the motherboard and that the motherboard light is currently working fine when psu is on, the psu works fine in any other pc have also tried changing the fan above the cpu but that still not helped removed/changed the memory on the board and still nothing.
The other thing is when i have got power supply connected and press the power on button none of the fans come on (the psu and the fan above heatsink on cpu) but the power light comes on on the front of the case.

So overall my theory on this is that the psu is sending power to the board but the board or something on the board is not sending information to the computer itself as in all the fans etc there is no display when this is turned on

what are your thoughts on this, Bios Chip?

Cheers in advance