Question Help with Aura Sync setup

greg.howlett1

Prominent
Jul 4, 2018
I am putting together a new rig for someone trying to use Aura Sync to get the RGB lighting throughout the case coordinated. Here is what i have currently:

Asus motherboard with 1 Aura Sync header, 2 LED strip headers
Asus graphics card that is Aura Sync compatible
Coolermaster 360mm AIO cooler that is Aura Sync compatible with 3 RGB fans (which I assume are also Aura Sync compatible)
1x 140mm Coolermaster Aura Sync compatible fan
3x 200mm Coolermaster Aura Sync compatible fans

My current rig is running the Corsair iCue setup which was fairly easy to do with the command having so many headers and there were several wiring diagrams on the Corsair forums so it was pretty hard to screw up. However, with the motherboard only have 1 Aura Sync header and there being 7 different fans and a pump needing to be hooked up to for RGB control (also likely I will add a couple LED strips in the future), I wasn't sure how to go about this doing this as I didn't see any particular RGB controller like Corsair has nor was I able to find a nice wiring diagram like I had used for my rig.

Do anyone know how I can go about this? Do I just daisy chain the fans together using splitters? The one ASUS ROG Addressable RGB Controller I saw seems to be advertised for LED strips but I'm not sure if I can use the 4 ports on that to group the fans and such together in 4 different zones/groups. It would also be nice to be able to control the fan speeds like the Corsair command offers through the iCue software but not sure how that would work with Aura Sync.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

greg.howlett1

Prominent
Jul 4, 2018
After doing a little more digging, I stumbled across a youtube video where someone was explaining their setup as far as the RGB lighting goes. Looks like the ASUS RGB controller is for splitting out multiple channels for RGB lighting so you get 4 channels with that. He also used another RGB hub to attach his fans to which then attached to the ASUS RGB controller as shown in this nice diagram he provided:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JdQhnWna_etH2az6jzQl-90bj7IvHisl/view

The only real question remaining is how to go about controlling the fan speed. Is it available through the Aura Sync software or do I need a separate fan controller to take care of all of that?